PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-25-2014, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 61.88 MB
400 Scale Enterprise-Instructions??

I've downloaded and am currently working on the 400 Scale Enterprise Re-Fit. Very impressive detail and construction. Can't wait to get the rest of them and work on those as well.

As I've been building this one I've noticed a couple of "misprints" on the instructions and thought I should bring them up. While working on the neck I spent a good deal of time looking for Part 1. After going through all my printed sheets and then going back to the original PDF I downloaded I could not find anything labeled Part 1 for the neck. I eventually found the part I was looking for....it was on page 3 labeled number 24.

I've also had difficulty locating a part labeled as "D" on the instructions. One of these "D" parts goes onto the neck...but I'm not sure what it is.

I will probably be doing another build on this one...I'm considering this first one as a practice build so that I could work though anything that might seem confusing.

Is there a different set of instructions or are these just misprints?

Thanks again for making a greatly detailed model...my girls can't wait for me to finish it.
Google Adsense
Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 PM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
I think it may be misprints or not the latest version of the instructions. PM me your email address and I will send you the latest version.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the quick response. PM is on the way.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:50 PM

Thanks for updated instructions...but I don't think I made myself clear enough. I've attached a picture of what I am seeing. Unless there is an updated version of the model; part 24 on page 3 of the model should be a green 1.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Miss Numbered.pdf (154.2 KB, 82 views)
Old 08-27-2014, 11:27 PM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
Ah got it! The 24 refers to the main dish edges next to the neck and not the neck piece itself, that is green 1 and is included in the latest version of the design.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:00 PM

I guess I'm missing something. I've attached parts page 3. The way I'm reading the page is as follows:
Part 23-Saucer sections
Part 24-Neck piece
Part 8-Tabs

I don't see a green 1 anywhere on the page...or on any other page.

On version7 of the instructions you sent me I see part 24 as the saucer rings, and part 23 appears to be a circular detail piece...but I can't seem to locate what part 23 is on any of the parts pages either.

I've downloaded the refit again and I still see the same thing; I also downloaded the Yorktown and I see the same on that on that model as well.

I hate to be pain...but it took me awhile to figure out what the neck piece was I needed. I'd hate for someone else to get frustrated with the instruction and then give up on what is turning out to be a great model.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf USS Enterprise NCC1701 Refit-page 3.pdf (152.0 KB, 57 views)
Old 09-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 365.92 MB
I was curious and had a look as well. It looks to me like part 23 is the saucer front sides while 24 are the rear sides. Part light green 1 is missing its label. Did you find part light green 2? It looks like it should be the bottom or interior of the neck.

Steve
Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 PM

Yes it makes sense now that part 23 is the front saucer section and 24 is the rear. But when I was looking for the neck piece it really appears to be laid out that the 4 saucer sections are labeled 23. The number 24 on the page is set lower and closer to what is the neck piece; which is what was throwing me off. After I couldn't find the light green 1; I just started looking for pieces labeled 1. When I couldn't find a match that way I started examining every piece and "part 24" seemed the most likely candidate for the neck. After cutting it out and folding it it was apparent that it was the piece I needed.

Now that you mention it, I did not find a light green 2 either. I cut a part to fit for that. I guess I wasn't as concerned about that piece because I viewed that as a glue tab.