PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-21-2014, 03:38 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Catapult Battlemech

I recently completed vlmarshall's Mech Commander II version of the Catapult Battlemech, reduced to 1/80 scale, and thought I'd share a few pics. The Catapult is one of my favorite 'mechs. I just love the looks of this thing. The MC2 'mech models by vlmarshall are less parts intensive than the later MW3 and MW4 models, which is probably why I like them - I know my short attention span will last long enough to finish them. There was also a very nice 1/40 scale MW3 Catapult available at the now apparently defunct MW3 Community Project site (sniff).

The Catapult is a 65 ton machine intended for long range fire support with its double array of LRM 15s (long range missiles). It also has 4 medium lasers located under its chin to dissuade enemy 'mechs that happen to get too close.

I'm pretty happy with the pics for a change .
Attached Thumbnails
Catapult Battlemech-catapultside_zps6df6d36d.jpg   Catapult Battlemech-catapultcloseup_zps6485d9a4.jpg   Catapult Battlemech-catapultlftfront_zps6547cc8a.jpg   Catapult Battlemech-catapultrear_zpsde4f30b7.jpg   Catapult Battlemech-catapultrtfront_zpsd30b9ed3.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Nice! I don't normally care too much for mechs but this one catches my attention somehow. Perhaps it's the blue eyes. ;<)
Old 10-21-2014, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 161.92 MB
Wow! That looks pretty good! If there were any fold lines, I can't tell where they were...

Goes to show that sometimes simple is best!

...Speaking of the MW4 Catapult...I just checked and its part count is 48, which is about 20 more parts than this MC2 Catapult. Maybe if you pretend like you're doing two MC2 models at once... I don't know, just putting that out there!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:39 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks for your comments, gents. I actually started building the 1/40 Catapult several years ago, and then set it aside. I still have all the pages that I printed out. Maybe I'll start on it again.