PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Stingray and Fandersons

This is Gary Pilworths build of his wonderful Stingray that will hopefully be coming to the downloads here soon. If you can't wait till then then it can be found along with his other great models on his site here..
DPILEGGI or on the Pepakura site here Pepakura Designer Gary has made some of the most iconic Anderson vehicles avaible to us and is being nagged to produce the others,:D Hope you don't mind me using your build Gary but you saw the state mine was in.
Attached Thumbnails
Stingray and Fandersons-stingray.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2009, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.06 GB
To all fans of the old kids programmes we all know and love, Gary Pilsworth is a very able designer who loves to tease us all with his design abilities, some of us from the other side have come to worship. Just wait and see some of the other designs he has in the works, you will be very pleasantly surprised:D
Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe View Post
Just wait and see some of the other designs he has in the works, you will be very pleasantly surprised:D
Always am! I like the Stone Trek model he made. I am unfamiliar with the stingray, but I like the design.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
You know with all the stuff going on today i'd forgotten all about this - Sorry ! I too want to make this, but as you know Phil i had a slight diversion in the way " SEAVIEW " which is also from the Pilsworth super collection of paper models. I hope you manage to get some of your own time back again to make yours my friend
Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I am unfamiliar with the stingray, but I like the design.
OMG! This was one of the first TV series I remember, from when I was around 3 - certainly the first where I was really scared of the bad guys.

You can normally pick up reruns on the scifi cable channels - even though the acting is a bit wooden (can't hold it against the puppets!), Stingray features a wide range of exotic and unusual vehicles, of which two, Stingray and the Terrorfish, have been produced by the Master, Mr Pilsworth, in paper. If you like different and/or nostalgic, check out the G.A.P. series of paper models
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Phil the Stingray was a submarine that appeared in the 60's show Stingray,which was lucky given it's name.It was one of many programmes made by Gerry and Silvia Anderson, others being Thunderbirds,Captain Scarlet and UFO. He was the English equivalent to Irwin Allen of the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants programmes.Gary has produced models from all these programmes.
All the best Gixer
Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you Gixergs and SJPONeill,
I remember the Thunderbirds (my favorite) but I'm afraid I missed out on those others:(...Love the models though!!:D

(acting is a bit wooden...LOL).

Old 06-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
One of the things that fascinates me about Thunderbirds, other than the uber-cool vehicles, is its timelessness...just as I was glued to the screen when it first screened here (about '67), so my nephews, some 45 years after it was created, are glued to the screen today, just as fascinated as I was...they too hate the 2004 live-acting attempt but love the originals, strings and all...
Old 06-14-2009, 05:21 PM

These were taken about 14 years ago of my Son and his bedroom wall at a time when the BBC had finally decided to repeat Thunderbirds.The UK SciFi channel has started showing Joe 90 Thunderbirds and Stingray and I fell sure that other Fathers are having to walk around shops with a Thunderbird pilot and stay up to paint their kids wall just as I'm sure that others will be doing it in another 14years.:D
Attached Thumbnails
Stingray and Fandersons-stephen1.jpg   Stingray and Fandersons-tbwall.jpg  
Old 06-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
These were taken about 14 years ago of my Son and his bedroom wall at a time when the BBC had finally decided to repeat Thunderbirds.The UK SciFi channel has started showing Joe 90 Thunderbirds and Stingray and I fell sure that other Fathers are having to walk around shops with a Thunderbird pilot and stay up to paint their kids wall just as I'm sure that others will be doing it in another 14years.:D
Hiya Phil. Soooo pleased you put these pictures up here of your Stephen {or is that Steven.. memory oh for a memory } and the paint job - you are still a great DAD to him and thanks to you, he will keep all this alive and kicking. F.A.B :D
Google Adsense