PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Warhammer Thunderbolt

While I am working on my limber for my cannons and Gatling gun, I will repost another of my warhammer beauties. The Thunderbolt. I got the plans from the download section at THAT OTHER SITE but it seems to have problems now. I would post the plans but they are not mine. In spite of this, here is the tread build.

First I started with the wings. The plans made the wings too thick. If they are laminated 2X each they would be about right and the last panel laminations would have brought the wings to about the right size. Regardless, they still came out rather well.

This build is the beta format. At the end I will paint it and the paint will cover some of the mars and marks.

The cockpit is scratched built and the front cannons are slightly larger than the Forgeworld version.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Thunderbolt-001.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-002.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-003.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-004.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-005.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-006.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-007.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-008.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-009.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-010.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-011.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-012.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-013.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-014.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-015.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-016.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-017.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-018.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-019.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-020.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Eternal Member

T-Bolt

In continuation, the pics have the descriptions pretty well played out. I attempted to make the hoses out of wet rolled paper but they were too thick and kept fraying. This is the only part other than the canopy that is not paper.

I was going to fast and eager and I forgot to make a very important detail to the cockpit. It is missing the control stick as well as the seat belts.

One other error in the plans is that the body is more stubby/shorter than the resin model. The ailerons were also too small. I had to enlarge them and trim out the rear so that the center exhaust could be placed later on.

Again, don't worry about any marks on the project, it will be taken care off later.

Some of you have already seen this thread at THAT other site and you can tell how it is going to come out at the end.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Thunderbolt-021.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-022.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-023.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-024.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-025.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-026.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-027.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-028.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-029.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-030.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-031.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-032.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-033.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-034.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-035.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-036.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-037.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-038.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-039.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-040.jpg  

Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very nice piece of work silveroxide. I love your 'pipes' method with the tube and paper clip ~ clever.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Eternal Member

tubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearz View Post
Very nice piece of work silveroxide. I love your 'pipes' method with the tube and paper clip ~ clever.

This was done too fast, I kept forgetting myself in some details. Here was another one. After the tubing was done, I was supposed to wrap thick thread around the tubing to simulate the ribs. It is Ok the way it came out but with the heavy thread around, it would have looked better.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 AM

Thick thread! say, that's an excellent idea. Those pipes look great as they are but I can see lots of applications for the thread idea. My little air hoses for oxygen masks, are going to start looking a lot better. In the past I carved tiny ring notches in the tubing (and my fingers) Tubing + paper clip + thread..yep my pilots won't look like their trying to swallow a fence post from now on.. excellent idea silveroxide, thank you.

Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 AM

Looking on in anticipation!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearz View Post
Thick thread! say, that's an excellent idea. Those pipes look great as they are but I can see lots of applications for the thread idea. My little air hoses for oxygen masks, are going to start looking a lot better. In the past I carved tiny ring notches in the tubing (and my fingers) Tubing + paper clip + thread..yep my pilots won't look like their trying to swallow a fence post from now on.. excellent idea silveroxide, thank you.

Thar Idea came from my plastic modeling days from one of the modeling magazines. There are a few more neat tricks later on in this build that may also peak your interest.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Eternal Member

T-Bolt

Ok. Phil here is more anticipation.

more on the T-Bolt.

Trimmed out a channel for the down jet vectors. Made a square piece to simulate the front vector. Made the round intakes and place a rolled strip around small pieces of Q-Tip paper pegs

Cut small square piece and overlapped them for the side exhaust.

Scratched built the engines. and started on the paint sequence.

I used Avery labels for the stripes and colored details. The canopy was done using sticky labels and trimming off the excess. The lettering was from a Warhammer vehicle decal sheet.

The pics show how I painted the strips and then cut out the strips as I needed them. When cutting the strip, make sure that the color or paint has completely dried. The paper will rip or tear while it is still damp, and also use a new blade, an old blade will also pull and tear the strip.

Added the front scoop (Not on the resin Model). Made the rear exhaust and the rear jet, down vector.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Thunderbolt-041.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-042.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-043.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-044.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-045.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-046.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-047.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-048.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-049.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-050.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-051.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-052.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-053.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-054.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-055.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-056.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-057.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-058.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-059.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-060.jpg  

Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Beautiful Piece of Work Man.... Just beautiful!

K'Jev
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 AM

wow

Google Adsense