PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Mega work

Hey Modeler,

I had a look at the mesh, and I must agree, it's gorgeous, and worthy of treatment. However, having done many of these conversions for the Battlestar Galactica Fleet Pack (and others), I can tell you it's a huge job. That model has a pretty high polygon count and would require substantial work to convert it to a paper model. It would be years before I got to it, and even then I would probably only tackle it if I had permission to sell the end product.

Sorry it's not better news.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeler0421 View Post
I was surfing around today over at Sci-Fi meshes and came across a model of the USS Kelvin that Tobias Richter released for download. He also made a 3 minute video using it which was stellar.

My question is: given the quality of the texture and the beauty of the digitalmodel, has anybody considered making it into a paper model? I reviewed some Tobias Richter's posts and he seems happy to let people use his work provided you get permission and credit him. I would do this myself but I lack the needed software and design knowledge.

Just putting this out there as an idea for a project. I think using his models of the Kelvin and the Enterprise would yield stellar paper models. I'd be willing to help/learn from anybody who was interested in this project. Thanks!