PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-04-2020, 03:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
P.M. Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake69 View Post
Hey SurfDuke!

I got an assist from Mike (MHVINK) to come look at your work on your LIS J2, and to say I am astounded by your CAD model work doesn't even do you justice. INCREDIBLE STUFF!! I never knew about paper modelling before, and now I find it could be a real treat to make handcrafted COMPLICATED models from the right cardstock and good instructions! NICE!

I also kinda need help on my own LIS J2 project. I have the 1:35 scale J2 kit from Moebius Models and need to find a pre-printed pattern for the Gantryway Launchpad for Alpha Control. I plan on overlaying the anchor girder pattern to balsa wood and styrene, cut them out to scale, and scratch-build it accordingly. I figure I can fashion the bottom plate and middle deck walkway ring based on inner and outer dimensions of the J2 saucer pieces, along with scratch-building the middle deck railing, then later on the outer scaffolding girders and gantryway bridge to access the upper door hatchway. Do you think you can scale up those pieces and print them out? All I need would be 1 each of the left/right inner girders, and the measurement of the rectangular piece to stitch them together. If the middle deck ring has a pattern different than what I can see in the pictures then that would be great to have as well.

Thanks for anything you can do, and can't wait to see your finished project!

P.M. me with contact info and I will be glad to help you out!
Old 06-04-2020, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Done!!! Thanks again!!!
Old 06-04-2020, 08:38 AM

No Problem communicate later today.

Be safe.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 617.34 MB
Surfduke- sorry to ask this, but have you published this model? I have been playing with pieces and having a great time. I think I have read all of the posts but can not connect the dots for the model, all the parts or any directions.
Great job though, I admire your work! Still, where can I get onboard with this build?
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2020, 12:36 PM

Yes Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrog Phlyer View Post
Surfduke- sorry to ask this, but have you published this model? I have been playing with pieces and having a great time. I think I have read all of the posts but can not connect the dots for the model, all the parts or any directions.
Great job though, I admire your work! Still, where can I get onboard with this build?
Thanks!

You can find it and the launch complex at:

https://surfduke.com/

Chariot and Robinson family Hako figures coming soon!

Enjoy
Google Adsense
Old 03-28-2022, 06:46 AM

Any J2 updates since 2020 ?

Hello, I've been searching the net for something like this, and your paper model is awesome and what I was looking for. That said, have there been any updates on your Jupiter 2 build since 2020, and is it still available for download? (I wouldn't mind the zip file package.)

As a side note, I also ask about any updates, from looking at the couple pics you posted, was wondering if the angled sides on the paper model follow the 37-38 degree or so side slant of the ship (as measured horizontal up) ? I can imagine such a correction to that would affect a lot of other parts.

Many thanks.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:44 PM

My J2

As I've been on a 1965 LIS kick, and while in wait on any news on this thread, I was able to make use of one of the J2 paper model plans, to come up with the following LIS 1965 Jupiter 2, at 4.5", heavy photo-type printer card stock, paint, a plastic dome, shiny wrapping paper for effects, chrome tape for other bits, etc. Wanted to thank the person who did the paper model plan, it went to good use.