PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-22-2020, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Awesome! I'm looking forward to the first build.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:06 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Looking forward to the build too. Please post the steps and observations you find along the way.

Remember, its not the destination; its the journey!
Old 04-24-2020, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
Thank you both and as you wish.

I glued the superstructures, the shoulders (beams or holders? I don't know how to say it in english) and I glued the frames inside the hull.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-095.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-096.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-097.jpg  
Old 04-25-2020, 08:29 AM

Hull closed, it's not as bad as the alpha version, but it could have been better.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-098.jpg  
Old 04-26-2020, 09:28 AM

Side ships finished, it would be good to put inside the hull frames in them as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-101.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-102.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2020, 09:44 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
That's an interesting start!
Old 04-29-2020, 12:04 PM

White beta version finished, I can send it to a friend's son to play, I just need to pack it well in a package.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-103.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-104.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-105.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-106.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-107.jpg  

Old 04-29-2020, 09:21 PM

Nice work!

The ship looks good! Can't wait to see the painted version.

And I like the nose is "damage free." No asteroid collision yet!

You pack well. I wish seller's packed their items as well as you packed this!

I just bought Wayne McLoughlin's Space Freighter kit off Amazon, to replace the one that I had that was water damaged in my house flood back in December. Look at what arrived!

I can't even donate that to the local group home!

You should teach these sellers how to send stuff!!!!

Last edited by THE DC; 04-29-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: pics failed
Old 05-02-2020, 02:41 PM

It should be possible to make (optional) all three versions of the front of the ship, new, broken, and foamed, as the whole hull is larger, there will be enough space for the dividing plane.

I also drew the hull frames and prepared a .dxf file for water cutting from HPS material, of course it can be cut from 1mm thick cardboard, but the arms themselves are 5mm thick and I really don't want to cut it by hand
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-100.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-99.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-110.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-111.jpg  
Old 05-08-2020, 10:26 AM

small progress, slowly texturing new parts, original pieces to the left, redrawed on the right

at the same time I texturing a 3D model in the Sketchupe program to see what it looks like

but in a week I couldn't cut the parts to the hull frames with water jet, first it didn't time to, then I had a bad file on the USB stick, the next day he couldn't open the imported file, it was visible, but after zooming in "disappeared", I reworked the .dxf files, I only gave one piece from each part, but it didn't help, in NanoCad I redrawn all the lines (these are the brighter ones), I hope it will help ...
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-093.png   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-099.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-094.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-100.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-108.jpg  

Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-112.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-114.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-134.jpg  
Google Adsense