PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-26-2009, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
YT-1300 Freighter

Getting a bit bored/fed up with my FG aircrafts (see the attached photo's of the Mig3, the ME-109 went even worse), i decided it was time for something a bit... different. And being a SW/ST fan, i found this: YT-1300

Instead of building the normal MF, i went for the more attractively colored ship and got it printed today. I want to know if anyone has build this or the MF version before and wants to share their knowledge/problems with it.
Attached Thumbnails
YT-1300 Freighter-dsc00136s.jpg   YT-1300 Freighter-dsc00115.jpg   YT-1300 Freighter-dsc00116.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2009, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Legion,

I built the Falcon and added the guns and "gun windows" from that YT-1300. It builds up quite nice and easy actually. The layered internal box method Shunichi used makes for a very strong model to.

I built that Mig 3 from FG myself. I loved it personally. Too bad it got crushed when I moved :( Never built the Me 109 but IMO a lot of FG planes are actually more challenging to build than the more advanced models due to the nature of their design and construction. You have to build many of then 2 or 3 times before you know the quirks of the designs and build method.

Anywho attached a few pix of the Falcon build. Sorry the pix are so bad :P

G1
Attached Thumbnails
YT-1300 Freighter-09150302.jpg   YT-1300 Freighter-09150303.jpg   YT-1300 Freighter-09150304.jpg   YT-1300 Freighter-09150305.jpg   YT-1300 Freighter-09150306.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 03:22 PM

Personally, it's the single piece airframe that the FG planes have i have trouble with, but the Nieuport 28 i also got from FG is a bit better, as there are 2 main parts to the airframe. Atleast the 28's wings came out a bit better then the MiG's...

On a sidenote, are there any free Maly Modelarz downloads?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:30 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
On a sidenote, are there any free Maly Modelarz downloads?
No there are not, and if you come across them online, they are all illegally posted.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-26-2009, 03:40 PM

Right, that means recharging my paypal... I hate doing that, it's so slow and complicated. The 2 kits i got from Ecardmodels (the Ki-115 and F-104g) are still quite confusing and lack instructions... But they used up all i had left on my paypal account.
Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Legion,

Yeah the no formers construcion requires you to line up the edges as close as possible and in some cases they are wrong :P

The lack of any forners in the wings makes them much harder also. It took me 2 tries to get the Mig3's wings accepatable.

The WW1 line of FG models are probably by far the best they have to offer. The WW2 models are fairly good but not as good as the WW1. The Jets are probably the worst of their lines IMO.

Here's the only pic I had of the Mig 3 I built. Again not a great shot at all.

Well Rick already answered your question but t arlue of thumb is if there are any downloads of a normally printed model chances are it's a pirated model.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
YT-1300 Freighter-picture-058.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Might have been mistaken on the downloadable MM kits, i think i mean the Marek kits from Ecardmodels. Still getting confused on which kit i see on this form is downloaded or a printed kit.

Tonight's progress on the YT: main formers cut out and scored, outer edge (f-2 to f4) cut out.
Attached Thumbnails
YT-1300 Freighter-dsc00137.jpg  

Last edited by legion; 07-26-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Yeah - marek's models are not very easy until you have built one.... then they all go together pretty similarly

Did you get kampfliegers 104? (I could just go look I suppose) I cant recall how hard that one builds up.

I tried building this 1300 myself once.... I failed pretty miserably but it was one of the first mid level models I tried maybe again one day. I have a couple of sprintx's printed out. want to do the a wing first! Someday.....
Chris
Old 07-26-2009, 11:07 PM

Yeah, i got the 1/48 Kampflieger F-104a. I have yet to tackle it though, but it looks like i have to do it with connecting strips, which i'm not too good at (yet). But i'll just see where i end up with the YT.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.90 MB
I made the Millennium Falcon as a present for my nephew. As it was going to be handled quite a bit I made it extra sturdy by laminating to thin cardboard. Overall the Falcon was fairly easy to build. The only problem I had was the angled joint behind the cockpit area. It didn't fit very well for me.
Attached Thumbnails
YT-1300 Freighter-millennium_falcon.jpg  
Google Adsense