PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-06-2021, 05:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.32 MB
Yes please
Old 07-10-2021, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Time for a long over due update.

Not sure what version this model is but after nearly a year on this ship it's certainly going to be the last version. Let's call it Mk6 or 7.

First off an updated Youtube of the Blender model

Amuna Ra Class Model Mk3 - YouTube

Overall objective was to include more detail, more pose-able breach pods, pose-able missile bay. Tidy up some of the scrappy details (still a hard ship to get right as it really is made up of all sorts of odd shapes. Increase internal structure to make it more stable once built.

I also wanted to go for a darker closer to the show texture.

I am still not 100% happy with the final model, I had too do way too many tweaks during the build to make some stuff fit and some parts of the model still look a bit scrappy but I am leaving this one for now as I've spent just way too long on it.

Anyway files for both versions are currently uploading to my google drive so I'll post the link once that's done (they are pretty big)

I've opted to take a small break from The Expanse models for now. I will come back to them as I still have my Blender model of the Pella waiting to be finalised, I do want to update my first model (the Donnie) and I am starting to take a fancy to trying my hand at the Cant but for now I am going to try my hand at the Galaxy One from Final Space.

Yeah it's an odd one but it's also very different to what I've been doing for the last few years.

Edit

Link to .SVG and Blender files for both the earlier model and the newer version

Amunra - Google Drive
Attached Thumbnails
Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-raa.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rab.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rac.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rad.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rae.jpg  

Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rag.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rah.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rai.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-raj.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-rak.jpg  

Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-ral.jpg  

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 07-10-2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2022, 10:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 346.95 MB
Hey Cheesy, is this anywhere near ready for a full release? Would love to build it.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashedGlass View Post
Hey Cheesy, is this anywhere near ready for a full release? Would love to build it.
Hey, did you ever find out if this has been updated? Looking to build my first Expanse ship, and love the Anubis.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey, I can only find the Mk2 edition. Where can I find the most updated version? Thanks in advance
Google Adsense