PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-16-2021, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
Where are the Paragon shuttlecraft?

Maybe I’m just way late to the party but I have Paragon’s Delta Flyer printed out and I’m learning through old threads that he actually did several shuttle models, including the Type 9. Are they still available anywhere at all?
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2021, 12:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
It appears the website is gone, sir
Old 03-16-2021, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Yep, it looks like it's gone but this might help ...

https://web.archive.org/web/20190629...on19.webs.com/
Old 03-16-2021, 05:55 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Shame; Paragon was willing to take on unusual and interesting designs that others dared to consider.

I have some of his shuttles, if you'd like me to send?

PM me.

And lets raise a glass to Paragon...

Slainte...
Old 03-16-2021, 11:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Try DeviantArt. Seems to me I saw his work over there.
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2021, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
I've seen a couple of them there (got the Delta Flyer that way) but I haven't seen any of the other craft he has done. The shuttlecraft were my main interest and then I saw he did a Jenolan and other starships as well. So far they're not on DeviantArt.

Sadly, the archived page doesn't link the models anymore -- they were hosted by Mediafire and those links are blank now.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
There are some here: Tektonten Papercraft: Star Trek
Old 03-18-2021, 01:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Interest/focus/motivation/passion, whatever you call it, is a pretty fickle thing with ADHD. It's a regret that frequently crops up that I made connections with other hobbyists and made content that actually had demand, just to let it wither up when my cycle of interest waned. I keep thinking about coming back to the hobby, but my time constraints have changed a lot since I was active in the community.

For the record, it was always my intent to allow all of my free models to essentially exist in the public domain, so I encourage anyone who still has copies of them to upload them wherever they will be most accessible, to as many locations as they are requested. The same now goes for the few models I used to charge money for.

As you may have noticed, I do make attempts to upload the content in other places, it's just that my model library was organized by subject, and not by creator, so my files are mixed into subfolders with other creators' works. I do make halting efforts to consolidate them, but again, focus et al. is a very fickle thing under ADHD, especially with my time constraints.

Now someone has rubbed the Facebook lamp though, and I have appeared to grant wishes for lost content.

I really, sincerely, profoundly hope I will be able to provide more than just three. I would love to retain the focus to come back and keep adding lost content until the collection is complete, but I know better than to promise I will be able to.

Just a few notes:

1 - Most of the models are parts only and not instructions. Some of the instructions that were available were only online as web pages, and have been lost. Anything I get around to uploading this time will include instructions if they are available. Most of the models do not rely on complex shapes, my goal during the design process was usually to keep seams "organic" and minimal.

2 - The vast majority of my "kits" were hacks, frequently based on existing designs and geometry. Others were designed using either scanned paper template pieces, or via trial-and-error from essentially guessing how 3D geometry would unfold onto 2D paper (and often being wrong). Fit on the kits can be rough. Consistency between parts can be rough, both physically and aesthetically.

Basically, most kits from other designers out there have been better refined and polished to completion. Sorry in advance if the kit you wanted doesn't end up looking as good as you hoped. :/
Old 03-18-2021, 01:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Since it was mentioned by name, here is the Type 9 shuttle Cochrane, newly uploaded to DeviantArt. I believe this was the final iteration (my old file structure does not make me positive).

Type 9 Shuttle Cochrane by strangename19 on DeviantArt

This is one of those "hacks" of a model that took someone else's kit and repurposed it by consolidating/rearranging facets, and then retracing the parts and repainting.

(Edit: here's the Type 8 as well Type 8 Shuttle Tereshkova by strangename19 on DeviantArt)
Old 03-18-2021, 06:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Take care of yourself, sir. Should you decide you have time to return to this hobby, we will be here.

Thanks for your generosity
Google Adsense