PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-04-2022, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
MCRN Donnager 4 years later

I know it's been a while, I've got excuses, I won't bore you with what I will do is show you what I've been working on for the last few months.

My intention was to spend a little hiatus between my old job and my new job late last year trying my hand at updating the very first model I tried my hand at. For anyone that cares this is the model I am talking about

The Expanse: MCRN Donnager

It's the MCRN Donnager from The Expanse. I wanted to apply all the thing I have learned in the four years and bring this awesome ship up to the same sort of look as my newer models. The idea was it would take a month or two but it grew arms and legs and has now taken seven months.

But enough of the history here's some pictures.

The first group of pictures are of the new model, the second are the new model with it's very old brother, their is also a picture of a fleet of three Donnagers (yes I actually now have a fleet) the middle ship was meant to be the updated one but I wasn't happy with it's size, detail or the ratios of some of the parts. The last few pics are the new model alongside some of the models.

Here's a Youtube link showing the old Blender model against the much more detailed newer version,

MCRN Donnager 4 years later - YouTube

Anyway I'll update this post in a day or two with links to let folk download the .SVGs, .PDFs and Blender files.

Next project is the Pella. I created Blender model for this around a year and a bit ago but with the ship getting much more screen time through the last season I can tell that my Blender model is going to need a series update as well.
Attached Thumbnails
MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don1.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don2.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don3.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don5.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don7.jpg  

MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons1.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons2.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons3.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons4.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons5.jpg  

MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons6.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dontru.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-expanseships.jpg  

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 07-04-2022 at 01:30 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-04-2022, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Impressive work!
Old 07-04-2022, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
Very, very nice!

This is probably a dumb question, but where is the "hangar" of the Donnager Class? I remember there being a lot of room when the Tachi/Rocinante had to shoot her way out of the Donnager in season one, but I couldn't reconcile where on the hull they were.

Anyway. If I can carve out some time, I need to post some pictures of my Roci' it was an easy enough build, even with someone who is all thumbs sometimes (ME... pointing at myself here).
Old 07-05-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomCruiser View Post
Very, very nice!

This is probably a dumb question, but where is the "hangar" of the Donnager Class? I remember there being a lot of room when the Tachi/Rocinante had to shoot her way out of the Donnager in season one, but I couldn't reconcile where on the hull they were.

Anyway. If I can carve out some time, I need to post some pictures of my Roci' it was an easy enough build, even with someone who is all thumbs sometimes (ME... pointing at myself here).

Look the third picture that gives a slight top down view of the Donnager from the the front. If you look between the two engine nacelles you can see two rectangular indents in the hull. That's hanger bays 3 and 4 with hangers 1 and 2 being on the other side of the hull.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
Ah!!! Thank you, that makes perfect sense.
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2022, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 346.95 MB
Nice to see you back at it
Old 07-16-2022, 06:52 PM

Link to Blender files and Inkscape files

Update your browser to use Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, and Forms - Google Drive Help

You can either print directly from Inkscape or you can export to PDF and print those instead. If anyone is having any issues just say and I'll see if I can upload a complete .PDF of the blueprints. (I may have to do that anyway at some point and replace the .SVGs with a single .PDF to save on space of my googledrive.)

Any questions feel free to ask.

On to the next project FN The Pella.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 77.80 MB
Hi. That's great, great job. I started building the old version, but this one is better. Would it be possible to give a complete .PDF version please? And is there a guide for it?
Thanks?
Old 08-27-2022, 04:46 PM

No guide Jena sorry. I've included the blender files which should show you how all the parts fit together. I've tried to explain explain most of the parts and how they go together in the plans themselves.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Wotsit View Post
No guide Jena sorry. I've included the blender files which should show you how all the parts fit together. I've tried to explain explain most of the parts and how they go together in the plans themselves.
Did the PDF version of this ever show up anywhere? Looks to be a cool model and I know I, for one, would appreciate a PDF version, please. Thanks!
Google Adsense