PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-11-2009, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I was about 4 when I played with the airplanes of my 12 year old brothers model aircraft carrier and he screamed at me. I am now 51 years old and about 5 years ago he brought it up, still angry.
Little brothers are ALL that way. Mine decided that it was cool to use his disc gun to shoot the masts off of the Lindberg HMS HOOD as I was building it. I had to chase him down with my disc gun for retribution. Come to think of it, many disputes seemed to be resolved with projectiles of one kind or another. They usually ended with me in trouble. How was I supposed to know I wasn't allowed to take up a position on the roof of the shed with my Daisy 880 and wait for him to come out the back door?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr5 View Post
Little brothers are ALL that way. Mine decided that it was cool to use his disc gun to shoot the masts off of the Lindberg HMS HOOD as I was building it. I had to chase him down with my disc gun for retribution. Come to think of it, many disputes seemed to be resolved with projectiles of one kind or another. They usually ended with me in trouble. How was I supposed to know I wasn't allowed to take up a position on the roof of the shed with my Daisy 880 and wait for him to come out the back door?
I actually laughed quite audibly at the waiting on top of the shed with the daisy 880 LOL
Old 09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned

My climax with a brother a year older who used to beat me up all the time was a tube with an M80 in it loaded with fine pebbles. At the lasat moment I pushed him out of the way of the trap I had set up. It just missed his face. 10 year old kids can be really resourceful when getting picked on. He never beat me up after that and we do not speak to each other 40 years later. He is still an obnoxious violent person.

The model looks great, I want to play with it myself!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:03 AM

Here in Arizona, fireworks are very illegal. They were never an option for me. My dad wouldn't share his stash of M80s.Our differences had to be settled with our BB guns, usually the pistols. They wouldn't break the flesh. They just hurt like anything. I am still on very good terms with my brother. In spite of being 37 and 39, we still smack each other with bats and poke each other with pocket knives. It's quite funny to hear someone in church say "Quit, dammit. That hurt." After that, my wife usually takes my Benchmade away for the rest of the day.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
The model looks great, I want to play with it myself!
Thanks for the comment, I actually plan to re-build this model some time and place the chassis from an RC inside it (there's certainly enough room in the model for it) so I can be able to say: "I made THIS RC toy.... out of paper... beat that!"
Google Adsense
Old 09-16-2009, 06:51 AM

BIG UPDATE TIME

So, I got the rear left quarter-panel finished and put into place along with both doors (lemme tell you they were a pain to fold) and front wheels (those were a b---- to put together)could not finish connecting one of the tire-mid-surfaces (between the tire-wall and bottom due to my own error in construction.the half-circle shaped pieces that go up top are still in production. I got a few more of the greebles on the top of this thing nonetheless the utility lights aren't one of them (I have problems making round shapes). Speaking of round things, I need to re-print one of the outer-wheel surfaces again (lost to a marauding Xenomorph). Anyway, Pics time:

That's all for now
Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
looking good so far keep it up