PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-15-2024, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to adolfocaetnonetto
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard

Hello, Guys. I will show some models that I made. In case anyone hasn't seen my other, I built my models in scratchbuilding, using cardboard and other scrap, like toothstick, cotton swabs, wires, balsa wood, and a lots of things.
I hope you enjoy, and if someonde has a question, I will answer with pleasure. As I go editing the model photos, I will posting. I want post the mounting of some cars too.
First The Buzzwagon. In Brasil it call "Carro-Serra", also like "sawcar". This model is in 1/50 scale; I calculated this comparing the a image by Dick Dastardly with their car (The Internet say that Dastardly is 1,90 meters tall ), and later comparing this car with the Buzzwagon, when they appers together.
I was made it with cardboard, balsa wood, bamboo sticks, wire, and the tree trunk on the front, is a real tiny tree branch. I used white glued and cyanoacrylate
The painting is made with acrilic paint to craftwork. The marks in the car, was printed from internet images, cuted and glued.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230421.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230431.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230437.jpg

Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230443.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230447.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230452.jpg

Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230510.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_235038.jpg

And now is the Turbo Terrific, also in 1/50, using the same material of the Buzzwagon.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230307.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230317.jpgWacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230333.jpg

Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230333.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230340.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230349.jpg

Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_230403.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-img_20240515_235023.jpg
Old 05-19-2024, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.95 GB
Great models, congrats!
Old 05-19-2024, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kytop View Post
Great models, congrats!
Thanks, Jan.
I'll be soon more models! I need to edit the images!
Old 05-20-2024, 08:52 PM

Hi, Guys. Now I will show a mounting step by step. The model is The Army Surplus Special. In Brazil we call it "Carro Tanque", also like Tank Car.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-06_800.jpg
The model, in "1/100 scale" was built with cardboard, white glue, some scrap materials like toothpick and cotton swabs, cyanoacrylate (CA). First I made a plan of the model. So, I cut the laterals panels of the tank hull; in sequence I cut and glued the aft wall on lateral; to attach the pieces, I use a internal reinforcement with thin cardboard.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-01.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-02.jpg

After to mount the laterals, the front, the aft, and the floor of the hull (in left image), I mounted the superior surface (in two pieces). Finaly I cut a circle in the roof.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-03.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-04.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-05.jpg

To made the cockpit of the car, I cut and mounted a bathtub. Later I attached the bathtub on the hull.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-06.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-07.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-08.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-09.jpg

Lastly, I made the radiator, with a holler paper (thick cardboard) and I scratched the cardboard. Later I glued thin cardboard in the edges of the radiator and glued it in the cockpit. You can see, in the lateral of the cockpit join the radiator, the ventilation grilles (I dont know how is the name of these things). Unfortunaly, the image became white.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-10.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-11.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-12.jpg
Old 05-24-2024, 10:46 AM

Hi, Guys. Continuing the model, lets go building the turret.
A simple cardboard circle, with internal reinforcements.Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-13.jpg

So I was gluing some cardboard strips, as per the images.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-14.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-15.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-16.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-17.jpg

Later I cuted the top of the turret, where laterly I glued a paper strap (this is the turret hatch).
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-18.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-19.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-20.jpg

Finaly I mounted the turret over the hull. In the last image, is possible see the stairs, made it with wire; Is too possible see better the engine ventilaton grilles, on the front of the veicule.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-21.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01351.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01355b.jpg
Old 05-26-2024, 02:32 PM

Here I painted the model, according the cartoon.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01614.jpg

So I made the cannon barrel, with thin cardboard, giving to it a conic shape. Later I attached it in the place and painted it - why I dont painted all together, is a mistery!!! Maybe, because I like hard work, maybe I'm a bit dumb!!!
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01324c.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01618.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01623.jpg

The cockpit seat, made with depron, that I sanded to give the wave shape.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01327a.jpg

The bazookas on the hull side are made with cotton swabs and cardboard circles; the circles was cuted, wherw I took a tiny pizza splice, getting a conic shape, like a chinese hat. All was painted in green, like the hull. Later I made the supports to attach the guns in the hull.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01355aa.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01355ac.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01355ad.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01355c.jpg

Here I made the supports that connect the cockpit to the hull (at least I think that this is).
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01613a.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01613ab.jpg

The commander hatch was made with a cardboard that I gave a rounded shape, with a instrument with a tip ball; I glued the "hinge"; glued a interor cardboard to hide the "hinge" and painted in green.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01342.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01355a.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01623a.jpg

Finaly, I glued the radiator cap (over the cockpit front), the hatch lock (over the hatch ); this pieces are made with sprue.
And I glued the supports of the cockpit and the hull. And the others pieces was attached.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01701.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01700.jpg
Old 05-30-2024, 11:15 AM

Hi, Guys. Now I to show the mounting of the vehicle tracks.
First I cut a long cardboard strip (in realy is two, one for each track). In sequence, I glued the strip edges, to get a paper strap.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01698.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01698a.jpg

I cut a long paper strip (A4 paper) and I rolled the strip in a plastic tube, using white glue to stick the paper. With this I obtained two wide tubes, A and B; The A is larger than B.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01697.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01697a.jpg

Later I attached the pieces A and B, inner the paper strap. Before I glued the tubes, I sanded the ends.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01698b.jpg

I repeat the anterior process, using cotton swabs pieces and paper; but the tubes are narrow than the first two. Later I sanded the tube ends and mounting these pieces inner the paper straps. And the track began to take shape.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01697c.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01697d.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01702.jpg

I made another piece with thick cardboard and attached it on track.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01702a.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01702b.jpg

Finaly I cut a long cardboard strip and alter I cuted it in lots of pieces; these pieces are the track shoes. Later I was gluing the shoes on the tracks. With the tracks ready, I painted it in grey.
Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01703.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01703a.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01703b.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01703c.jpg Wacky Races Cars - scratchbuilt in cardboard-dsc01705a.jpg

Tags
cardboard, scratchbuilt