PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Whitestar looked like some sort of evolved marine predator to me- fitting, since the main Minbari warship looked like a giant spacegoing angelfish.

Defiant looked like a radiator cap. Just my opinion. But I've always thought that if Gene Roddenberry had been alive by thae time the Defiant appeared in DS-9's run, he'd've told the art department "come up with something else". It just didn't LOOK "Star Fleet".
Old 09-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Wow James that is absolutely beautiful! I always have liked that little ship.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Two things I always find amusing about science fiction shows/movies are the aerodynamic ship designs and drive system and weapons sound effects. Neither of which have any place in a vacuum. Having said that I am a sci-fan and agree the Defiant is rather utilitarian looking compared to most of the genre. Looks more like an art deco buckle, hood ornament or possibly a lighter to me.

The Whitestar build looks great, I really like the textures.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I think you an excellent job on the textures. My son would go crazy if I showed it. Is it going to be available? There are definately not enough B5 episodes. A WhiteStare would destroy a Defiant class ship, it has VOrlong technology and it's bean weaponss outclass the Defiant Class. In the series, the White Star was highly maneuverable, something that you could not see in Star Trek as inertia was not presented properly correctly. Really looking forward to this one.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
I think if they were going to fight, I'd demand they both use the same set of physics. So that means either they both "fly like a plane" or they both use standard Newtonian physics, and can flip around all they want (the Defiant has plenty of thrusters to enable this). In that case, the two are a very even match I think. In a first encounter, I think the Defiant would have a slight edge, I think its shields and cloaking would be too unexpected. But if they both knew a little about the other ship before the battle.....I think it would boil down to which had the better captain.

Also, yes, I'll be releasing this one soon. I'm tweaking the model some more, and I'll probably build the final version and take pictures for instructions. Tomorrow is going to be busy, so I wouldn't expect release until the weekend.
Google Adsense
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Anime Moderator

Total Downloaded: 23.29 MB
Thumbs up Kudos, Kudos, Kudos again I say!!! (THIS is more cowbell!!!)

Excellent! Filling a void that's gone unchecked in the community for far too long. (Getting the impression I like it yet???)

We need more B5 models period. (you keep this up and I'm gonna dust of an unfinished file - but you'll have to scale that Whitestar waaaaaay up.... grin)
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Thanks for the explanation. It's funny that a rivalry would develop over something that doesn't really exist! Coincidentally, I live in Dawg country where they delude themselves into thinking they have a football team that can beat Florida!

To each his own fantasy I suppose.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Anime Moderator

Total Downloaded: 23.29 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Thanks for the explanation. It's funny that a rivalry would develop over something that doesn't really exist!
Not only a rivalry developed but documented as well..

Spacebattles.com - 3D scifi movies

"The Alpha Quadrant Part 5" is a good watch...
Old 09-24-2009, 04:49 AM

While I grew up with ST-TOS and enjoyed all of the Sci Fi genre (I started reading sci fi pulp in the 50's, B5 is the one I fell in love with. Love this ship, WOW! I want this one bad!!

Magnificent job Paragon! Thanks (for all your great models).

Jack
Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 AM

Wow! I always thought a Whitestar was nearly as impossible to model as the Andromeda Ascendant!! Great job really!
Google Adsense