PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-02-2010, 08:14 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
So I've been watching Babylon 5 for a bit now (it was my next SciFi vice - and a great one at that). Really excited to build the Whitestar now, but I just printed it out and noticed one problem. James, did you intend for the part labels to be on the parts themselves? If you look at your sheet (I printed the small sheet), Parts A, B, C, E, F, G, and O all have the labels right in the middle of the part. From your instructions it looks as if some of these are exterior parts so there will be an orange letter right on the outside of the finished model. I wish i caught it before printing. If these are on a separate layer, could you move the labels?

Also, from my Googling, it seems that all but one site says the length is ~475m, and the one site that disagrees goes with your ~286m. Just a note. I probably won't worry about scale for this one, the ~16cm (well prob 15 for me since I had to fit to letter size paper) will be a good model size in the end.

Thanks for the model and any help you can provide on the label issue. :D
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Don't worry, the labels are all specifically placed where they will be covered by other parts during construction.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
with the right manuevering the white star i think would kill a defiant they hyped up the defiant in ds9 but i wasnt to impressed with actual performance now the white star from what little i saw of b5 was indeed a visious little ankle biter capable of killing ships at least twice its size
Old 01-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Thanks for this model,I so love B5 so the more models from that universe the better.Hows about going ahead with the Sarlin that would make a nice display with the Whitestar.
Hello James, many congrats and many thanks for the Whitestar model!!! She's (a Spaceship is like a Ship, a "she", isn't it?) one of my favourite B5 ships!!

As for the angelfish-like Minbari Sharlin Battlecruiser, Gixerg has given a good help in the image he attached. I had a look at the indicated Mark Kane's site (www.GKane.de), in the 3D Files page (The Lost Files of G'Kane - 3D Files) you can download the 3D model of the Sharin (The Lost Files of G'Kane - Minbari Sharlin Warcruiser V1.0)

It's only in Lightwave and Autocad format, but maybe somebody or some soft can translate it?

Hope it help, thanks to Gixerg if yes, and Happy New Year 2010!!!