PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-21-2009, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNGUY68 View Post
As it turns out, I just found my copy of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise and there's a great cross-section of the secondary hull that shows the Arboretum in place. Now I just need to sort out the sequencing for the shuttle/cargo area. ;-)
Many thanks. I didn't knew this uide, as it is in english and thus not on Amazon France, but I was able to order

And so, I will be a better trekky:D

Maybe it can help, a little hint for the arboretum. Whan I used to be a train HO modeler, before my 3.2m x 2.4m circuit was distroyed, I used for plants, trees, grass and so on a sort of powder of various colors (the french name is "floconnage") wigh can be glued (liquid white glue) to surfaces for making grass or cultures, on wall of houses, on little dead tree branches to make miniature trees, etc...

I think it could help making a more realistic arboretum.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 163.85 MB
THAT's what I needed. Now the layout makes sense. Not quite the same as the interior still from TMP in the guidebook I have, but it will work nicely.

Cheers!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Windius View Post
Many thanks. I didn't knew this uide, as it is in english and thus not on Amazon France, but I was able to order

And so, I will be a better trekky:D

Maybe it can help, a little hint for the arboretum. Whan I used to be a train HO modeler, before my 3.2m x 2.4m circuit was distroyed, I used for plants, trees, grass and so on a sort of powder of various colors (the french name is "floconnage") wigh can be glued (liquid white glue) to surfaces for making grass or cultures, on wall of houses, on little dead tree branches to make miniature trees, etc...

I think it could help making a more realistic arboretum.
The same technique is used by people who do 1/25 scale auto modeling to get textured interiors...they call it "Flocking". Now I know where it came from.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Oh Ya, I remember that now too:D, also woodland scenics has ground cover in bags, which is very, very finely ground foam, stuff works great!! and at the scale would make the trees look nice. comes in a lot of different colors and textures too. I posted a pic of how the LB/CargoBay sould go together. hope helps make some sense.
Jeff
Old 11-24-2009, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.60 MB
Hi people.

Whole week i working on the secondary hull to make final version. Thanks to Sidewinder's beta build i make minor repairs. Now comes the time to try build it with interiors and all details. Somebody to test the interiors and details?

Instructions is completed too.

I try to make tiny travelpods, workbees and one surak shuttle.

And all is here:-)

USS Enterprise 1701_secondary hull.rar Enterprise 1701_secondary hull.rar
Google Adsense
Old 11-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.96 MB
Mwaaaaaaah....
Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Fantastic!! I love the enhancements to the shuttle bay and the re-work of the docking ports on the neck. I have the printouts of the beta build so I'm going to practice on that first. Instructions are great and they make a world of difference.

Can't wait to see the primary hull!

Although, after looking at the parts, I wonder what part 19 is for on Sheet 4, and the Surak-class shuttle seems a tad large at first glance. (Just observations, not criticisms by any means)

Last edited by CDNGUY68; 11-24-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Adding query on part and shuttle
Old 11-24-2009, 01:30 PM

WAY COOL!!!! Rawen does it again!! now just need the rest of the ship.
Jeff
Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Hi Rawen!!! really super job on this latest installment the shuttle, bees and such are really nice, One small repair though,, Part number 17 should be curved as the main piece so that it continues the same angle and straight line of the the top of the hull. Keep up the AWSOME work!!
Jeff
Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
On part 17 I think Rawen was trying to capture the change in angle of the aft-most section. I think the piece he has gets it on the sides, but might be a bit too pronounced on the top. The angle on the top does change, but not as much as Rawen's part makes it. A minor inconsistency however - the effect looks good as you can see in SW's test build pics. It might be a little too long though, the blueprints show that the pylons overhang the aft of the shuttlebay by a bit, but SW's build puts them about equal.

Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense