PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
The Blossom

Many thanks to Tekzo, who did the hard part of making the main fuselage for this unique item. I could not find any technical data of this being a real vehicle of mass destruction, but it does lend itself to the alternate dimensions. As mentioned by Tekzo, this is based on a concept by Keith Thompson. The download and basic build instructions can be found at http://myhobbycraft.blogspot.com

My build is a little different from Tekzo's and there are no templates for this build. I made the parts as I went along. The Cherry Blossom (as I will refer to it) is finished. I have to do the finishing touches to it like a wheeled sled with a tow mule with a tow bar. The final concept will have it with the canopy open prior to it being deployed, towed by the mule on a tarmac.

So without any further ado's here is my version and again, thanks to Tekzo.

The first photo is where I started this thread before the site went down. It has gone past this stage but that is for another posting.

Cutting out the cockpit part of the fuselage, I got rid of the pesky tabs but I kept an extension from the center cutout to assist in the placement and gluing of the tub. The fuselage cylinder has actually three thick formers to help keep the shape. More details to come, see you next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-035.jpg   The Blossom-001.jpg   The Blossom-002.jpg   The Blossom-003.jpg   The Blossom-004.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.09 MB
yee...peyy..sweet..good luck friend. look forward more progress
Old 02-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Eternal Member

Cherry Blossom

The fuselage was rather simple to make, up to this stage. The bottom hump was done by thickly laminating the half moon shape connectors and getting rid of the pesky tabs. The rising sun symbol was removed because it did not aligned well.

Redid the nose and painted it a blood red. As seen from the front, it is the rising sun coming to meet you. The detonator will be put on last.

Scratched built two cannons with a belt feed. Remade the seat and added belts. Closed the rear of the cannons with a cover plate.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-005.jpg   The Blossom-006.jpg   The Blossom-007.jpg   The Blossom-008.jpg   The Blossom-009.jpg  

The Blossom-010.jpg   The Blossom-011.jpg   The Blossom-012.jpg   The Blossom-013.jpg   The Blossom-014.jpg  

Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Eternal Member

Cherry Blossom

The ship is finished but here are some more build pics. The canopy is done using the cellophane tape technique. In this case, I used Avery's labels cut into small strips painted OD green. I place the strips on both sides of the framework and cut off the excess. This procedure allows for the adhesiveness of the framework to the fuselage. The canopy will placed in the open position.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-015.jpg   The Blossom-016.jpg   The Blossom-017.jpg   The Blossom-018.jpg   The Blossom-019.jpg  

The Blossom-020.jpg   The Blossom-021.jpg   The Blossom-022.jpg   The Blossom-023.jpg  

Last edited by silveroxide; 02-22-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: forgot pics
Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Eternal Member

Cherry Blossom

Continuation of the blossom. Cut out holes for side the jet exhaust. Rolled cylinders into shape, and placed a stop band at the bottom of the top four cylinders. The bottom cylinders I placed at an angle to the rear orientation.

Constructed the pipes and couplings, colored them. I used a soft wire that bends easily and wrapped a strip of paper around it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-025.jpg   The Blossom-026.jpg   The Blossom-027.jpg   The Blossom-028.jpg   The Blossom-029.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Cherry Blossom

More details for the Blossom. Attached the pipes and couplings to the Jet side exhausts.

Cut small strips and built up the front intake then when the glue set, cut off the excess.

Continued with more details for the engines. added hoses , the rising sun on the sides and the detonator to the nose. and painted the details.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-030.jpg   The Blossom-031.jpg   The Blossom-032.jpg   The Blossom-033.jpg   The Blossom-034.jpg  

The Blossom-035.jpg   The Blossom-036.jpg   The Blossom-037.jpg   The Blossom-039.jpg   The Blossom-040.jpg  

Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Eternal Member

Cherry Blossom

This model is almost coming to the end. The last details on the Flying bomb are in place. Now to work on that stand and the mule to pull it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-041.jpg   The Blossom-042.jpg   The Blossom-044.jpg   The Blossom-045.jpg   The Blossom-046.jpg  

The Blossom-047.jpg   The Blossom-048.jpg   The Blossom-049.jpg   The Blossom-050.jpg   The Blossom-051.jpg  

Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Just what IS it?

Wyvern
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
As I understand it it is a concept design by artist Keith Thompson of an atomic version of the Kamikaze Cherry Blossom idea.Based on a Zero fighter with a atomic warhead
Attached Thumbnails
The Blossom-blossom.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.09 MB
@Wyvern
you can find some interesting stuff on his web, and I'm plan to make another model from it.

paperhobby
member of Paper Replika Indonesia
Google Adsense