PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Thunderchild's Warhawk

Greetings to all and to all hello,

Well, I have finaly been able to not only get a new system, but I also go a new printer as well:D.
So I can now build more models :D (and "HOPEFULY" start designing a few as well.)
So, I desided to test out my new printer by printing out Thunderchild's Warhawk.:D
(you can fnd it at:
kostenlose Science-Fiction-Kartonmodelle
Along with other great models, to include the Thunder Fighter)
I started building today. Here are some photos, for your viewing pleasure.:D

Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3798.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3799.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3800.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3801.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3802.jpg

Thank you Thnderchild for thismodel.

Enjoy.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
Looks great so far Raven beginnings of a good build thread here keep up the good work.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Nice! Very welcome my friend! :D
Old 03-06-2010, 08:28 AM

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, and Boys ad Girls, and all assorted creatures,
here is an update on my building of the Warhawk.

Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3803.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3804.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3805.jpg

The only thing that I have altered, was that I layered a piece of 1mm thick cardboard (from a cereal box) between the layers for the tail section and edged it in black. The reason for such was that I had problems with putting it together the way that it was suppose to go. I ripped the paper and could not fix it. I will more then likely do the same for parts; F4, F6, F9, and F11
I also blackened the edges of the engine exhausts.

BTW TC, where do parts B5 and B6 go to? I culd not find them on the instructons?

ENJOY!!!:D:D:D
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 AM

Finished!!!

Well Ladies and gentlemen, I am finally finished!!!:D:D:D
It is a GREAT model. I did enjoy building it. There were a few minor problems (but those were of the builders' lack of experience with small parts). I was going to build it with the landing claws deployed, but I was having problems with the small parts. I also used the alternate parts (the easy ones) for the wings (due to time constraints).
Once I get better, I might tackle this one again and build it with the landing claws deployed.

Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3806.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3807.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3808.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3809.jpg Thunderchild's Warhawk-dscn3810.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this build thread.

Thank you once again for this WONDEFUL model Thunderchild.
You did a FANTASTIC job on it.
I greatly enjoyed th blast from te past.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Good job buddy! It was, even for me, an extremely difficult model to build. Congrats!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 AM

Thank you for the kind words.
I have to admit, even though I have been making card models for well over 20 years, they were (up until recently) all scratch built and were very crude and simple and did not have much in detail. Since I have join this forum (as well as Zealot) I have learned so much in such a little time and I owe it all to very wonderful people like you.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
I admit, I have not started it yet. I ran into a different challenge right off the bat.

Thunderchild created the Warhawk in 1:35 to go with the existing Buck Rogers fighter, which is a totally awesome idea. I, however want to build it in 1:60th.

Neither Acrobat or Photoshop would let me edit the file, so I tried a different approach. My cheeseball printer will not let me set what scale to print pages at. Instead it gives me a list of preset sizes, which I find totally @$)(@@ useless.

To rescale this fine ship, I calculated thusly:

The difference between 1:35 and 1:60 is 58.33% (I didn't calculate that. Someone smarter than me told me it is so)

I multiplied the page size (8" x .5833 = 4.95805 and 11" x .5833 = 6.4163). I then set a custom page size in my printer of 4.95805 x 6.4163, told the sucker to shrink the pages to fit, and printed like a wild man. Voila! A Warhawk that looks like it's been washed in hot water.

And Thunderchild, you did awesome work! Kudos, Accolades, Good Karma, and every other blessing you desire! Thank you!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Mind this is old school/pre-PC skills set learned but having a proportions wheel in one's toolbox is a handy thing for just such instances !

Index - Graphic Art Tools - Proportion Wheels & Calculators