PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
BSG Mule Tractor

I have all of these vipers but no way of moving them around, so I designed a vehicle to accomplish this. This mule can be used with any of the BSG Vehicles. It almost finished and I have to do a few add ons. The Model is now in the Download section. You can modified to your particular needs. Have fun.

So here is the build process. Keep in mind that I do my wheels a bit different, but you can cut out the wheel rounds and laminated them. Then you can fold or skin the outside. In my case, I folded them around a socket and when finished, I rounded the edges with my dremel. Lastly I painted the white areas.
Attached Thumbnails
BSG Mule Tractor-001.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-002.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-003.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-004.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-006.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Looks good so far. Do you have instruction for it by chance?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Eternal Member

mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
Looks good so far. Do you have instruction for it by chance?

The thread is ongoing and it will give you the build process. Usually I do not make the instructions available with the download, to avoid pirates who borrow my builds. This way it stops them from giving a complete model and it forces them to hunt down this site to be able to build the model.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
wow, i love these little wheels, they look like real rubber with a metal hub

simply awesome.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Eternal Member

mule

Thanks for the comment Mark. The making of these wheels are also adaptable for other vehicles as well. You can use this method and make the wheels fatter, thicker or thinner. This a good base for experimentation.

Here are a few more pics of the build process. In the center section of the top part, Cut the center and folded the dash panel and the back panel down.

The wheel well walls are folded up and there is a cross-member piece that is placed in the center. This is to keep the wheel well walls up right and not to fall over when placing the wheels in place. This gives it strength and also hold up the top section so that it does not crush inward.

Placed the panels in place. The front hood panel has the option of being recessed but I opted to use the panel as is. Placed the caution panel on the back.

The running lights can also be raised and glued in place but again I opted to have them on the vehicle and not raised.
Attached Thumbnails
BSG Mule Tractor-007.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-008.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-009.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-010.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-011.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
The thread is ongoing and it will give you the build process. Usually I do not make the instructions available with the download, to avoid pirates who borrow my builds. This way it stops them from giving a complete model and it forces them to hunt down this site to be able to build the model.
Understandable, and makes sense.

It looks really good.

Last edited by Rhaven Blaack; 03-23-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
Genius idea!

And the model looks like it's coming along great, too.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Eternal Member

mule

On the issue of instructions to deter pirates; There is nothing more frustrating, than getting a model that you want and do not have the instructions, especially a multi page model.

Folded and placed the dash display, then folded and placed the tool tray on the right top side. Placed the inside cabin wall and placed the right side instrument cluster,

The seat in this illustration was too small and I re did the configuration as reflected in the plans.

An unusual mistake came out great. The inside well covers were too wide and it extended to the outside. This formed the fenders so I left it this way. The only drawback is that the wheels will be a tight fit and you may have to do some reducing to make them fit or make the wheels a bit smaller. When the fenders are in place, snip off the inside corners at an angle.

In the last pic, I used a heavy thread and saturated it with white glue to make the steering wheel. You can also roll a strip of paper to make the wheel out of paper also.
Attached Thumbnails
BSG Mule Tractor-012.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-013.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-014.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-015.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-016.jpg  

BSG Mule Tractor-017.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-018.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-019.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-020.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-021.jpg  

Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Eternal Member

mule

A few more pics of the build progress. Place the steering wheel on and replaced the old seat with a better one.

Measured the distance from the front skid to the mule and cut/trimmed to the size needed. You can use a thin dowel to wrap the skin around or laminate thin strips to create the tow bar. The tow hook I made from paper laminated over but a rolled piece of paper would make a better eye hook.

Here are a few pics of the mule in action. I even used it to tow a Warhammer flyer as well.

This model is now finished so now to go to other projects and things. Enjoy the model as much as I did in building it.

Strength and Honor
Silveroxide
Attached Thumbnails
BSG Mule Tractor-022.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-023.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-024.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-025.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-026.jpg  

BSG Mule Tractor-027.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-028.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-030.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-031.jpg   BSG Mule Tractor-032.jpg  

BSG Mule Tractor-033.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM

I really like this little rig. It looks GREAT!!!
It does really lend itself to added detail.

When I build it, I might make it so the wheels can roll. :D

This will really look good on any lay-out or diarama.:D

I am sure that Commader Adama will like this as well.:D