Old 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
No problem!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
. This was a model that was done years ago and the author only shared for a short time. I think maybe he got sick of some of the rivet counters and pulled it from circulation, still, it's a damned fine model.

Was it untextured? If so, I managed to snag a copy.[/QUOTE]

There was an untextured version and a couple of other versions, but I think the one in the photos was Laz's work...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeryn43 View Post
Course you can use paperkits to make plastic versions!. I've done it with Armourbimbo's white Serenity (scaled at 25mm wargame figures, but I scaled my down to 1/144 wasn't sure if I could build it so didn't want to waste too much plasticard! but still built the interior!!), Thunderchilds excellent Gunstar (2nd one on the bench but bigger!) and currently working on a 1/8 Enterprise bridge scaled up from a 1/50 scale paperkit!....
Will definately be building a new Serenity with micro's version when it arrives......
Pics of all on my site at chianna47.webs.com
Funny, I've got a couple of different versions of the bridge in progress, are you working on the TOS, or TNG era... Did you use Ron's 1/50th?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbrush View Post
Neptune, This isn't a model "from" QMX, this is the studio filming model. They found it under a plastic tarp gathering dust in a corner of the studio's archive building. I do agree with you about QMX and that there are people out there with more dollars than sense.
Stephanie, I'm with you there. There's probably gonna be a lot of melted computers once Mirco's designs are completed. Too bad he couldn't put it on a disc and sell it. But I'll just set my computer to download and go to work. Should be done by the time I get back home, ya know.
Bruce
So,..... This QMX is a recast of an actual studio prop? Am I understanding that correctly?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Banned

Wow, thanks for all of the info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirco View Post
Some progress report for this week: the gravity rotor cover (or whatever it's called) has been unfolded, test-built, frowned at, stepped on and tossed away - paper couldn't take the terrible curvatures that looked so easy on the screen. Repairs are underway, hopefully I'll not forget to take some photos next time .

Then, if someone is interested, here is a little list to shed light on our existing Firefly model fleet.

Existing free paper kits:

1) Neptune's photos show a retexture made by Laz. It more or less represents the movie look. Direct link to the file still works (DOC).
2) The first kit the recolor is based on (and probably the very first Serenity paper model ever) was created by Jorge Garcia Serrato and had been available on his website chihuahuadepapel.com until the site disappeared. I don't know why, I even tried to contact him - no response. The kit represents the series look, although it looks quite greenish. Maybe a copy can be found somewhere. JPG.
3) Untextured version of the movie Serenity was designed by Armorbimbo. That's the one Aeryn is speaking about. Big, about 1/72, PDF.
4) Second untextured version was my unsuccessful attempt to fix some fit problems of Jorge's kit. Downloadable over there (scroll down). BMP.
5) Last paper kit I know about is the one under construction here .

Existing plastic models:

1) Studio filming model made for the crash scene at the end of the movie. Only one specimen exists.
2) QMX's replica, movie look. They made a bunch of them. Unless sold out, they are still available for purchase.
3) Garage-made resin kit, series look. A few of them were sold, then a C&D came.
4) Smaller one made of plastic and fiberglass. If I remember correctly, attempts to sell them ended with a C&D too.
5) Various unique scratchbuilt models around the community (Aeryn's, Styrofoam Guy's etc.).

Neptune, good luck with the styrene. I'm looking forward to see her growing .
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinKC46 View Post
Here is the link to the Reaver version done by LAZ from Jorges original. Serenity Paper Model - Preserving Jorge A. García’s Paper model of Serenity
Thanks for that, I'm liking the Reaver version, that looks like a fun build, what's the scale on that?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:19 AM

Neptune, no, this is the actual filming model. 12' long. Great reference photos.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
I don't have a clue what scale the Reaver version is. But Laz' email address is on the website. Maybe he would know.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbrush View Post
Neptune, no, this is the actual filming model. 12' long. Great reference photos.
I see, is there a link to the photos that I missed? Always willing to look at more *accurate* references.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinKC46 View Post
I don't have a clue what scale the Reaver version is. But Laz' email address is on the website. Maybe he would know.
I'll check into that, thanks.... Yeah that's got bumped up the list of builds I want to do.
Google Adsense