PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version

If I understand the files correctly you cut out the pieces and stick them back together using thick card underneath because there aren't any glue tabs? Also what are those little lines coming out of most parts? There's a key that says mountain or valley fold but I don't see how they apply. for example see attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version-19.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
Quote:
If I understand the files correctly you cut out the pieces and stick them back together using thick card underneath because there aren't any glue tabs?
right

Quote:
Also what are those little lines coming out of most parts? There's a key that says mountain or valley fold but I don't see how they apply.
you can forget the most of these lines!!!!! watch the instructions and look how you must fold the parts!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Got it! Thought the lines were nonsense. Thanks. Do Paragons models work in a similar way?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
The lines sticking out are end points for a fold. This is a result of the software that the designer uses and the option to not have fold lines showing on the part itself. In this particular situation, you don't want to fold because a smooth curve is more appropriate, though the computer model approximates this with a bunch of small folds.

Paragon's models will be a mix of showing lines and not. He creates his models digitally by hand - no CGI involved, just Photoshop. If you look through his posts here, there will be links to his photobucket account where he'll host pics of the finished model, and sometimes the build in progress. Or, someone else will have done a build thread. These are usually your best "instructions".

Good luck with the Big E (-E). Be sure to post pics!
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM

This is what I've got so far, the sticking to cardboard and cutting out and sticking to more cardboard several times took ages, I used the stuff you get when you buy a shirt, and an adidas shoe box. I had to use sandpaper because the edges of the cuts were a bit rough, everything will look better with the printed parts glued on top though. I've only been using PVA glue and spreading it with a cocktail stick.
Attached Thumbnails
Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version-dsc00142.jpg   Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version-dsc00143.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 201.55 MB
What scale is this model?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Dunno, but Zousho's website says this is 50% bigger than his previous one. Sovereign class starship Ver. 3
Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 201.55 MB
1/950? making it 28 inches long. Wow
Old 04-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Looking forward to the results of this. I may decide to build this newer version if it turns out as well as I expect.

Recently I've taken to building Star Trek ships with two layers of 110 lb cardstock, especially for saucers, that way its more durable, and it makes edge gluing easier too, instead of using tabs.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 PM

I haven't done much in the last few days but here's where I'm at. There are few little gaps but I can fill those in later. You really do need to build the parts to the right thickness otherwise the edges won't fit. The windows look a bit tricky so I haven't done them yet. Also, I recommend using a glue stick for gluing the pieces to cardboard, less messy than pva, and not as pricey as the spray can glue.
Attached Thumbnails
Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version-dsc00146.jpg   Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version-dsc00147.jpg   Zousho's Enterprise-E 3rd version-dsc00148.jpg  
Google Adsense