PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-22-2010, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
Glenn in SFB they called the warbirds or wareagles(depending on if they had warp drive or not)not birds of prey
Old 06-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
OK, I finally got the ships of the Tech Manual done and uploaded. And I've learned an important lesson. Don't let yourself get drawn away from an unfinished project. You'll lose momentum. You wind up forgetting things that you should have been making notes on. You'll just wind up with more work than if you had kept plugging away in the first place. Bleah!

Thokamous: I confess I've only dabbled in Star Fleet Battles, so I'm not familiar with many of the ships and their class names. But with the new Starmada games set in the Star Fleet 'verse, I think I'm going to start catching up on it.

Millenniumfalsehood: I've gotten the double-take, too. "Nice piece. Wait... what is this? Paper?" It's almost as much fun as hearing someone say the TARDIS is "bigger on the inside."

I almost forgot. I've found some new beads for capping the warp engines. Instead of a solid, opaque colour these ones are translucent colours with a reflective coating in the middle. Gives more of a "lit up from within" look. Should look smashing on the engines.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Hey Glenn, you will find this useful; it's a complete list of every known starship in Star Fleet Battles:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/docume...e_Registry.pdf

And here is the Federation's NCC list:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/docume...CC_Numbers.pdf

Should be useful if you ever get around to making more miniatures.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 AM

Glenn can you maybe do the Starbase as well?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokamous View Post
Glenn can you maybe do the Starbase as well?
oh...

That hadn't so much as crossed my mind. There must be something terribly wrong with me since it's obvious to anyone with a properly functioning brain that somebody would attack somebody else's base at some point.

That's definitely going on the list. Probably after I get at least one each of a Romulan and Klingon ship drawn up. I mean, what's the point in having a base to defend if there isn't anything to attack it, unless Star Fleet is doing some wargames for practice? Or the Federation is having a bit of a civil war? hmm...

Millenniumfalsehood: Yes, good stuff at that site. I've started going through it recently. If only those guys could get to writing and publishing that "Leanna's Fighting Starships" book they've been mucking around with for the last few years. It would be a perfect reference for us. As it is, I don't know the dimensions of most of those ships to scale them properly.

Anyway, I'm still working on a TOSsy Constellation. Be done soon. Watch for pix.
Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2010, 08:47 AM

Glenn i have the blue prints of the Klingon D-7 and the Romulan Bird of Prey(Warbird/War Eagle in SFB)if you would like them just let me know
Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Just finished a prototype for a TOS-style Constellation class. Got a couple snapshots here. I think it looks OK, so after I get names and numbers on the little devils I'll upload 'em. Probably tomorrow sometime. If you think of something I missed, better tell me quick :)

Thokamous: Thanks for the offer, but I already have schematics and such for the common Trek ships. The problem is finding numbers that a majority of sources can agree on. For example, is the Romulan Bird of Prey (or Warbird,or whatever) 130m long, or only 65, or something else entirely? I just want to know where to find "the best" numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Itty Bitty Trekkie Ships-dsci0292a.jpg   Itty Bitty Trekkie Ships-dsci0293a.jpg   Itty Bitty Trekkie Ships-dsci0294a.jpg  
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
Neat! I did a TOS Constellation based on Rawen's TOS ships, but never posted it for download. Maybe I should...
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
yes pdmcool please do
Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Yeah paul id love to see that. And glenn id say one of the major authorities on ship dimensions (even when he doesnt agree with "official" sources he has some pretty compelling arguments for his case) is right here Ex Astris Scientia - Bernd Schneider's Star Trek Site