PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 05-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Zathros

When you get 73 your fingers, mind and keyboard don't always coordinate. I looked at Notre Dame and it was A" TREAT" ...still having trouble spelling!!! I can still make little flying buttresses.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Eternal Member

Chris
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind remarks about my website. I am working on Germany 2007 plus planning our upcoming trip. I hope your brother-in-law enjoys his retiredment as much as I do.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdaviesclay View Post
Charles

Being rather new to papermodelers.com I don't know how to find your threat on Notre Dame...please help! I would like to see it.
Here's the url to the tread. To locate a topic on the site, click on a the Search tab on the navigation bar at the top of each page. Type in a key word and the site will give you available options.

To save you time, here is the url for my build. I hope this helps: Cathedral of Notre Dame
Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 AM

Nice work, Thomas. All your models looks magnificent.

I just found a little mistake. The Prague cathedral is not called st. Vita cathedral, but in english, it is called st. Vitus' cathedral. You probably found the st. Vita in czech text, but the -a on the end is a speciality of our language, it dont'n exist in english. I just thought, it would be futile to have even such minor mistake in your otherwise perfect work.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Eternal Member

Hello, FolgoreCZ
Thanks you for your kind words and your correction of St. Vitus. I knew that it was really St. Vitus, named after St. Vitus, but sometimes I also saw it as St. Vita which I guess is the name on the model kit. I will use the correct spelling from now on. I have been spending many hours building this cathedral and am not through yet. It has a lot of very small buttress/support pieces. I will put a picture on this site along with a strange story about how I got this model when I finish it--hopefully this week. We are looking forward to our visit to Prague and St. Vitus in the near future.
Google Adsense
Old 06-23-2011, 04:15 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Nice work on your model. I remember my visit to Prague fondly. I was there around Easter, and the Easter market was set up, with many colorful decoration, and many delicious foods, especially the Trdelnik, I think is the spelling. A most wonderful fresh made pastry.

And the Prague castle complex! I cannot recommend it enough. But please, make sure you allow plenty of time to see the whole city. Truly worth the trip.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Eternal Member

Ray
Thanks for your comments about Prague. I looked up Trdelnik on the web...sounds delicious. We will have three nights in Prague and the complex is first on the list. I have seen sources for the complex kit which is 6 feet long. It must be a life time project plus where would one put it when it is finished!!! We have a lot of other places of interest on our list to see in Prague. I also have a model of the famous clock to make. Part of one day we are going to take a side trip to Kunta Hora to see St. Barbara's Cathedral. Last year friends brought me a model which they purchased in the bookstore. I have not seen it for sale anywhere else. It has a very unusual three part tent like roof. From the pictures the interior, the ceiling is very beautiful and quite different. Here is a picture of my model. Other models are available on my website www.cathedralquest.com under church models.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Good afternoon, Thomas!

This model seems to be one of Ivan Zadrazils series of czech castles and churches. There are around 20 of these kits in 1/250 scale, but there are more, as you may see on his website: www.vystrihovanky-projekty.cz
They are not as sophisticated as those designed by Master Vyskovsky of ABC and Erkotyp fame, more like the Betexa type models or even simpler than these.
For the navigation: The czech word vystrihovanky = papermodels, hrad = castle, zamek (gen.plural: zamku°) = castle or château, kostel = church.

And last but not least: Your homepage is A TREAT!

Kind regards
Papercaptain

Last edited by Papercaptain; 06-24-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Eternal Member

Greetings Papercaptain,
Thanks for your kind words and link to Zadrazils' website. I enjoyed looking at it but could not read where the various models were. Your czech words did help. Maybe I will run across some of his models in church bookstores on our upcoming trip to central Europe. I found and bought models in Aachen Cathedral, Basel Cathedral, & Freiburg Cathedral book/gift shops. I have not seen these models for sale elsewhere. These models are not as detailed as more well known kits, but it good to have them and were fun to build. I do have them on my church model pages on my website. www.cathedralquest.com
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Good morning, Thomas!

Yes, these rare models often are to be found in museum's shops or churches' gift shops only.
If you're in Germany and happen to visit Nuremberg (Nürnberg), you should have a look at the Lorenzkirche (St. Lawrence Church). They have a very nice papermodel of this gothic gem in 1/250 scale, designed by Thomas Pleiner (formerly of Schreiber fame), 7 sheets of DIN A3 plus several sheets of building instructions. At the castle gift shop there should be the equally great model of the Kaiserburg (Imperial Castle), also in 1/250 scale, edited by the Altstadtfreunde Nürnberg (friends of the old town).

Perhaps you'll be lucky to find still some of Dietmar Börner's models in Saxony: the Albrechtsburg and the cathedral of Meissen, the Cathedral of Zwickau, the Moritzburg and many others. Unfortunately he has given up constructing and editing his models.

From the MDKV (Mitteldeutscher Kartonmodell-Verlag) there are several architectural models available, notably the Old Townhall, the Thomas Church (!) and the Nicolai Church in Leipzig, &c.&c., in 1/250. Their website is www.mdk-verlag.de

Kind regards,
Papercaptain
Google Adsense