Old 03-17-2012, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
real nice builds , thanks for showing us
Old 03-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Carcassonne
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-04-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-05-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-07-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-08-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-09-web.jpg  

Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-01-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-02-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-03-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-carcasson-06-web.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Haut Koenigsbourg
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-haut-koenigsbourg-cover-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-p1060842-1-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-p1060843-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-p1060844-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-p1060845-web.jpg  

Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-p1060846web.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
You know it's good, when you find yourself going through all the pictures in a post and decide to run through them again.

Excellent collection. Thank you for sharing.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
I love these architectural models. They call to me to get inside them and walk around. A real you-are-there sort of feeling.
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Oh my god...50years...that's more than twice of my age!
My first build was in my third grade...
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM

Masterful work A. Your skill really shows in those builds. Before I make my first trip to Europe I'm going to have to build some models first. Nothing makes you more familiar with the structure of something-- especially architecture-- than building a model of it with your hands. If I had my way paper modeling would be a part every school's curriculum.

Wade
Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

Unglaublich schön! Eine große Sammlung! Es gefällt mir, das zu sehen.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
That's a good selection of lovely models. Where do you store them and what did you make before ID, started, I think that was about 15 years ago?

Cheers
Mike
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks for sharing your beautiful models. Instant Durable makes excellent kits. I have made 11 of them and have 4 more to go plus a stack of the postcard models. My next model will be Carcassonne which we will visit on our next cathedral quest this year. I knew it was large, havimg seen a photo of Mike Stamper's, but holding it up the way you did in the photo really illustrates the size. Where will I put that one

We also share models of Chartres, Cluny and Beaune. all which I have made. I finished Beaune today and will put in on papermodelers tomorrow. We will visit other model kits that I will soon build - Paray, Le Puy, Fontenay.

To PAPER HOLLYWOOD - You have the right idea. I always try to build the model before I see it in person. After spending so many hours with each small detail, you just can't wait to see it in person. Of course if you don't have time to build all of them before a trip, you can study the kits and take plenty of photos of the "real thing" so you can remember the building when you make the kit later. For our last Cathedral Quest to Central Europe I had 18 kits of buildings that we visited. I only finished 9 of the models before the trip. I still have nine to go, but I remember well what each looked like.

Hey TLUN , if 50 is twice year ago, then I am 3 times your age....that sure makes me feel OLD.
Google Adsense