PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 10-24-2012, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Siemanos.

Private

Vermin_King - Of course I’m not going to do an interior. Thanks for the link to the OldSchoolDM tutorial. I used some wood materials in my model, to make it more sturdy.

Building report

I have made whole outbuilding. Outbuilding is brick-building, plastered and white painted. There are four windows sunken into the wall. Window frames were cutted by laser-cutter. Windows will be supplemented with windowsills, in the future.

I have made all doors. They are shinning “a little” on photos, but I’ll be painting them with a matt varnish.

The model looks like this, at the moment.

Roof’ frame has been strengthened by many right triangles.

Now I have to make: roof tiles, windowsill of outbuilding, windows and the steeple. Please, keep your fingers crossed.
If you want to make a beautiful rails for your models (1:25) look at my english language site (free download). HERE is the index of my free download projects.
This is my OCCUPATION
Old 10-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I did not realize that you were the one that did the cement mixer model. I downloaded it long ago, before I should have considered it. Not a beginner model. I might have to try it again.

I like the way the church is coming out. Excellent support.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM

Siemanos

Answers.

Vermin_King thanks for Your words. I am the one that did the cement mixer model Try to do it and practice small parts cutting Cutting practice makes model master

Building report.

I have little to show and to say, today. As You can see below I ended assembling of roof surfaces. Some of it’s fragments have already been coverage by final cover.

Roof over sacristy has been covered by roofing-paper. It is narrow strip of xero-paper painted in black and next misty paint in gold, silver, brown and dark blue (with air-brush). I have painted connections of roofing-paper with glossy black paint by hand after gluing on the roof. It has to imitate the tar on connections. Strips comes from two different sheets of paper which have been painted in different proportions of misty-paint. This allows that individual strips have a different texture.

Roof over the side entrance has been covered by plain tiles. I had to darken the color of Canson orange paper by painting with dark orange (tile) paint. I tried to make preciser roof tiles construction, this time. There are lateral ends of tiles on roof edges. There are different tile’s arrangement in the first and the last rows. I think it looks good.

See You next time. Sorry for my English
If you want to make a beautiful rails for your models (1:25) look at my english language site (free download). HERE is the index of my free download projects.
This is my OCCUPATION
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM

Siemanos

I have little to show, today. I have started with construction of turret during cutting roof-tiles. There is some little work progress. Turret is designed as demountable (windowsill level) to make transport easier. Turret is not made, but You could see the shape. All turret is no glued, that’s the way it is skewed a little. I couldn’t put it upright

Than I go back to my roof-tiles. I have to cut out about 6 thousand tiles :( I couldn’t look at the scalpel after end this building for some weeks, I think.
This is my OCCUPATION
Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Six thousand tiles would definitely give me callouses on my index finger due to over-use of the hobby knife. The turret came out well. Looking forward to seeing this come together completely
Google Adsense
Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 PM

Siemanos.

I have ended cutting and assembling all roof tiles. The building looks like this:

There was request for closeup of roofing paper’s connection. It is below:

Now I have to do: ridge tiles, turret, windows and any terrain.
This is my OCCUPATION
Old 12-21-2012, 02:23 PM

A very beautiful model.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM

Siemanos.

I had a little more free time to build the model during the holidays. I have done all ridge tiles (47 pcs.). The picture shows almost ready ridge tile. I am gluing-up all pieces in the shape shown on the picture, next I am dipping whole ridge tile in Capon and after drying cutting off unnecessary parts - along the red lines. I have ready ridge tile that holds shape in this way. Next I have to assembly all ridge tiles in one long stripe.

I have ended the tower’s building. The flag on the needle gently rotates every blow. The flag was cut with the laser-cutter.

Some elements, including the merger of the roof and tower, were covered with "tinware". As I wrote earlier the tower is disassembled, so it will be easier to transport the model.

At this time, the model lacks only assembly painted ridge tiles and windows. Also, you can slowly see the finish.
This is my OCCUPATION
Old 12-27-2012, 04:53 PM

Stunning. That is a very interesting approach to the ridge tiles
Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM

Siemanos.

I had no inspiration for modeling during the winter. Time passes inexorably and it is the best time to complete the model of the church. The tower and windows were built and installed. Windows are laser cut components, which were glued with adhesive spray on a piece of clear film. Facades and doors, in particular roof surfaces were slightly dusted with dry pastels and then air-brushed with Capone and matt nitro lacquer.

After this step, the model has been completed and glued permanently to the small boards. Now I have to do some pedestrian walkways and "sow" the grass. I hope that I will be able to show You the final gallery, soon. Meanwhile, some pictures of the complete model.

I think that relation is ended and ask for patiently waiting for the final gallery.
This is my OCCUPATION
Google Adsense