PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Makit models: anyone interested?

I think I have some interesting news for Makit lovers. (Typically British understatement: I am hopping enthusiastic myself!!)
I have been in contact with the designer for several years, trying to persuade him to re-publish (some of) his models, perhaps in cooperation with myself (I now have ten years' publishing and marketing experience, as most of you will know: www.zeistbouwplaten.nl, and my New Photo Collection on flickr.com/photos/Zeist_bouwplaten). So far, he was simply too busy to even start considering the idea, even though he was basically as enthusiastic as I was. I had a long phone conversation with him just a few days ago! He has recently retired, and is now definitely interested in doing something with his old designs (including some that were never published!!).
One problem for both of us is the number of buyers we may expect. Especially in the case of the Brussels Marketplace: it is going to be quite expensive to reprint.
QUESTION: this thread might make it easier for me to convince him! I suggest anyone interested in this project sends me a mail to my private mail address, [email protected] (this will make it easier for me to contact you direct if/when our project takes off!). Your reaction will definitely not be interpreted as a hard and fast order - it will just serve to give me an idea of the sort of numbers we may expect. I will not at all mind being swamped with mails!!
In the meantime: I have a copy of the complete Brussels market in stock (very rare, so very expensive...), some repro's of the Bruges Halltower, and 4 originals left of the Tower of Pisa. Contact me if you wish to order, via my site or direct.
Attached Thumbnails
Makit models: anyone interested?-makitmarktstadhuis.jpg   Makit models: anyone interested?-j-makit-brugge.jpg   Makit models: anyone interested?-makitpisa.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 504.3 KB
Hello Diderick

I have sent you a email, with a note of my interest. I could not find the Brugge market place on your site. Can you email me a link.

cheers
Ian
Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
Count me in.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 AM

Nice coïncidence. At the annual event in Nieuwegein, Holland, two copies of the Brussels Marketplace were on show, and one of the Makit Leaning Tower of Pisa as well.
Do react to this if you are interested - only about ten so far, which would be hardly worth the trouble and investment...
Attached Thumbnails
Makit models: anyone interested?-markt-1.jpg   Makit models: anyone interested?-markt-2.jpg   Makit models: anyone interested?-pisa.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Diderick,

Just for info, the possibility of a Makit reprint has been mentioned on 2 German paper model sites in the last couple of days. Hopefully you may get more replies.

Fred
Google Adsense
Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Let's hope so. Very few reactions so far - my worry is that people will think their reaction will make no difference. It will! So please go ahead!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
I am interested in the Brussels market place.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Count me in too. Way back when, I was an exchange student in Belgium, and went to school about a 1/2 mile from the Market Place for a year. I would often go there after school, before jumping on the commuter train out to Left Creek (Linkebeek). So I got to know it well. It is the most wonderful intact zone from the 14-1500's with a big house for each of the main trade guilds, all trying to impress each other with ornament. One is even shaped like the stern of a ship.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
I would be interested as well.
Peter
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Would be interested in the Market.
Google Adsense