PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 02-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have looked at your work on other websites as well as here and in addition have looked over your personal website. Fine work. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:25 AM

Incredible collection!! Itīs a smash! Really wonderful! I hope do so good as you are some day. Although I have six yeas with this hobby, I have a long way to run. Your 47 models means hours of hard work in you workshop. Nice to see your collection and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.45 MB
Tom

Are you aware of Sir Herbert Oakeley's Collection of Cathedral Models? I came across them by accident when I visited the Hornby Visitors Centre in Margate last year. They were made by a man called William Gorringe around 1850. They are no longer on display there so presumably are back in storage somewhere.

I bought the catalogue and it's still available and includes a picture and description of each model:

If you do a google search for "The Petrified Music of Architecture" you will hopefully find it. Unfortunately because I'm new I can post links. You will also find more info and pictures by searching for "Sir Herbert Oakeley's Collection of Cathedral Models"

Terry
Old 03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Eternal Member

I thank all of you, who replied, for your kind remarks. I really appreciate your compliments.

Terry - I was not aware of Sir Herbert Oakeley's collection. Thanks for the info. I did a search today and found lot of references to it, but didn't see anyplace that it presently on display. We will be making our next cathedral quest to Scotland and England in the Fall. I will keep trying to find anywhere it might be on display.