PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Question Buildings from Harry Potter movies

Wife & I bought the Hogwarts Express then decided to do a layout for it. We plan to do a very simplified version of London in the 1990's with main landmarks and some houses, commercial, & industrial but also put the buildings from Harry Potter.

Since we can find nothing online either free or for $$, we will need to build everything related to HP except Hogwarts. We have spent literally hours and hours googling trying to find pictures of Hogsmede, Diagon Alley, Gringotts, Weasley house, Grimmauld Place, Lana's house, Bill & Fleur's house, Malfoy's house. Basically all we find is a few shots from a distance taken by a tourist and posted over and over online. There are not even any good photos from Disney World exhibition.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where we can get photos or even sketches or cartoons of any of these places. We just need a rough idea of what they look like so we can improvise. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Google Adsense
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I have a note in my paper 'wish list' for a Hogwarts paper model that was released in 2008, possibly by Schreiber-Bogen - sorry, not much more info than that but it might help your search...
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
I believe the Hogwarts uses a Church from Schreiber, but is Mostly free.
I have it downloaded.
Here is the site. Wiltshire County;
http://wiltshirecounty.npage.de/wiza..._14489662.html

I would be Very interested in the other buildings!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
You might try this thread over at The RPF. Model Hogwarts
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinKC46 View Post
You might try this thread over at The RPF. Model Hogwarts
Thank you so much for the link! It was great and led to a couple more! I found a lot of interest in Harry Potter from these links! Sorry it took me a bit to reply, but I got all caught up in what I found that I forgot to come back and say thanks!!
Google Adsense
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-EDSEL View Post
I believe the Hogwarts uses a Church from Schreiber, but is Mostly free.
I have it downloaded.
Here is the site. Wiltshire County;
http://wiltshirecounty.npage.de/wiza..._14489662.html

I would be Very interested in the other buildings!!
Yes, we have that castle too! It is the only one we have found. We are just getting started in this hobby, but I bought Model Builder so we could do the other places in HP world. If we manage to do any that look decent we will share the patterns with anyone interested. Please understand this will probably take us quite a while, will just have to see how it goes. We will post any pictures here though. Thanks for telling me about the castle!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
I have a note in my paper 'wish list' for a Hogwarts paper model that was released in 2008, possibly by Schreiber-Bogen - sorry, not much more info than that but it might help your search...
I heard about that model on another forum and there was even a link, but it was broken! The link further down the page that KCinKC46 sent me led to a persont that was designing the castle. He has done it all in 3DS Max and has put the entire file up to download. I got it and am going to try to convert to a paper-model just for the experience of working with 3D models. My son has the program so he will be able to export it if I need a different format. I understand there are some programs out there that take 3D and "unwrap" them creating a pattern. Anyway, this looked really interesting. Also that link led to a couple of forums with a lot of interest in HP, so have been exploring those posts. This might be something you are interested in also!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Always glad to go surfing for subject matter.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Check out these production study model:

Lípa {GraphicDesigner+Illustrator} • artschoolglasses: Paper models for Harry Potter
Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
Alaskaneagle, I had the same problem for a while. I am a rocket gantry guy, and to find close up airial photos of the Apollo launch tower that I was looking for was very difficult. So I thought of movies that had launch towers portraid in them. I found the new Men in Black 3 movie had great airial shots of the gantry. So now when I need to look for a particular angle I just look for the reference frames in the movie and freeze the picture. I had even considered copying that sdean onto a blu-ray disk and looping it for about 8 hours so I dont have to keep messing with the player.
So Harry Potter has 10 movies to surch through and a ton of references! This is just one more idea for more references.
Good luck with your surch, keep us informed about what you find. Thanks

RichO
Crawler 14/499
Google Adsense