PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Medieval Village.

I have been salivating for months over Gunter and George's builds of the Medieval Town, but much as I'd love to build it, it's just too big for me to give space to.

Then along comes Marco who starts building the thing in miniature at 1:400
Too small for my fat fingers an ancient eyes I'm afraid, so there was no point in asking for copies of his scans.

So what do you do when a mate unexpectedly drops a 1:300 Mini-Modell Mittelalterliche Kleinstadt (I think it means Middle Ages Village) in yer mail box?

Well, you sharpen up the no 11, and start snippin' don't ya !

Page 1 & 2 ... Munster ...

Cheers Kevin ... I've taken up the challenge.

Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2013, 09:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hi John,

I always enjoy seeing this model built. It took a good deal to bring it to market a couple of years ago. If you are interested, there are several pictures of an excellent rendition in my Bremerhaven thread for this year. I really appreciate the number of ways that this can be assembled into town scenes.

I will have a look and see if I have any 1:300 trees here in Germany (have stacks in my home in the states) from Weiner Design Studios I can send your way.

Looking forward to your progress.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 AM

Hi Cris,

Do I take it you had a hand in producing this? I've never come across it before, and there's no sign of a website on the kit, but I dare say a google on mini-modell.de might throw something up, eh?

1:300 trees sound interesting. I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for some suitable cobble-stone sheets.

Johnny.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Since I first saw it here: Arbeitskreis Geschichte des Kartonmodellbaus (AGK) e.V., I have wanted to do this one. Will be watching.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:01 AM

I was saving this for tomorrow, but here ya go then ...

Page 3 ... Rathaus ... and the Munster

Keep on snippin' .... Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 AM

I was wondering if the rathaus would be the same as the one in this series, but it isn't.
Bastelbogen: Romantische Altstadt ? Kaukapedia
Those are the ones I did for the nursing home at Christmas. Also from Hubert Siegmund, so if you are looking for pieces that compliment the ones from this project...

BTW, I hope you are building from scans, not the printed model.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hello John,

No, I was not involved in the publishing...rather I was referring to the tremendous efforts of bringing this model to market after the original authors death.

Vermin is exactly right, AGK Arbeitskreis Geschichte des Kartonmodellbaus (AGK) e.V. (Working group for the study of the history of card modeling) publishes a small number of models in addition to a quite large library of books on the topic. They also frequently attend, sponsor and advocate trade shows and meetings regarding card modeling.

Excellent progress so far!

Regards,

Cris

EDIT:
Quote:
BTW, I hope you are building from scans, not the printed model.
Please forgive this bit of outspokenness on my part. I hope you are building the original and have a copy tucked away for your library. I certainly scan and print. On some models its unavoidable. And certainly for doubling parts etc. But a 13 Euro model? The model costs as much as it does to print it!

EDIT AGAIN: Vermin, please do not think I was being argumentative, on somethings though I would rather see funds go to the people backing the project rather than China (toner). On a completely different note, MDK Verlag has a nice series of Rathaus models. And we have a nice set of Rathäuser bilder (heh!) we have taken here on our Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/miaskel...7631821310285/

Last edited by Hi-Torque; 06-20-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Looking good.

Have a whole lot of ideas on how to build the town!

I have wanted to do this for ages - but time is against me! I have reduced the houses to 1/400 and printed them out already. The fact they started to look really small then gave me pause for thought!

I want to start London Bridge first though - i may be traveling for a bit so this is good to do on the road! After this, it will then be relief to do something larger - like 1/400!

Enjoy Johnny!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Torque View Post
EDIT: Please forgive this bit of outspokenness on my part. I hope you are building the original and have a copy tucked away for your library. I certainly scan and print. On some models its unavoidable. And certainly for doubling parts etc. But a 13 Euro model? The model costs as much as it does to print it!

EDIT AGAIN: Vermin, please do not think I was being argumentative, on somethings though I would rather see funds go to the people backing the project rather than China (toner). On a completely different note, MDK Verlag has a nice series of Rathaus models. And we have a nice set of Rathäuser bilder (heh!) we have taken here on our Flickr page nur Rathäuser - a set on Flickr
No, I wasn't thinking of not taking care of the folks who put this together. I am just a person that thinks the printed kits are 'collectable'. I'd much rather build from my scanned prints than pre-printed.

And Kevin, you are absolutely correct on building these while traveling. When I did the other village, I always had one or two of the buildings with me to fill vacant time.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM

I've had that Bastlebogen town on file for a while now VK. It'll be interesting to compare the two kits for scale, and maybe consider mixing them together. They are both German architecture after all. Hmmm ! If I remember right, there's a castle in that one.

Looking at it on screen, I suspect that there may be a bit of a colour clash though. The Bastlebogen kit colours look quite a bit brighter, but I'm sure The Gimp could be called upon to balance things up, and even re-scale if need be.

Johnny.
Google Adsense