PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-25-2013, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250

Hello!
Here comes another model that I built recently: the small church of St. Remigius in Dahenfeld.
This is one of the few architectural models in the catalogue of HMV and is designed by Udo Kallina, who also designed another building in Dahenfeld, the city hall, whose construction I reported here.
This small model (137mm x 96mm x 152mm in height) consists of only 66 pieces in the basic version, but a more detailed version can be also built, with three-dimensional windows and doors. Needless to say, I went for the more complex version, which requires 175 pieces. Besides the four A4 sheets, a separate set with lasercut replacements for 45 parts can be bought.
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-a1.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-a2.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-a3.jpg  
- HMV EGV Berlin 1:250
Google Adsense
Old 11-25-2013, 04:35 PM

Here we go!

The construction starts, of course, from the foundation. An uneven rectangular basement surrounds the area where the peripheral walls will stand, glued directly on a flat base.
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-b1.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-b2.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-b3.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 04:36 PM

The walls of the church come in two pieces, one for the apse and one for the nave. It's now time to cut away the simple two-dimensional windows and doors and build the more detailed versions.
The interior of the frames of the windows has to be carefully cut out; alternatively, one can use the frames provided in the lasercut set. These are easier to use but, as I already experienced during the building of the Dahenfelder Rathaus, they don't provide the same visual effect because of the flatness of the color. Therefore I decided to skip the lasercut frames altogether and to use the standard pieces instead.
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c1.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c2.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c3.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 04:37 PM

The walls with the complete windows assemblies are then glued on the base (1-2). The front door is also assembled (3). The bevels are then glued at the top of the walls (4-5).
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c4.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c5.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c5bis.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c6.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-c7.jpg  

Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM

The construction moves to the upper part of the church. First of all, a small tower is built (1-2). The roof is built in two steps: first the forward part above the nave and then the back part (3-4). The tower is integrated in the semi-complete roof (5-7). The roof is then glued on top of the church (8-10). The tower is topped by a small spire (11-12).
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d1.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d2.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d3.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d4.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d5.jpg  

HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d6.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d7.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d8.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d9.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d10.jpg  

HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d11.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-d12.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-25-2013, 04:40 PM

The model is finished! The construction took just a few days. Here is an overview from all sides.
Regards,
Tommaso
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-z1.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-z2.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-z3.jpg   HMV Dahenfelder Pfarrkirche St. Remigius 1:250-z4.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Beautiful model. I wish there had been more photos of the spire construction. I've tried to do two models with 'curvy' spires, and neither came out well. Yours is very nice.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 PM

Thanks. Unfortunately I could only take a few pictures while I built the tower and the spire. The construction of the spire follows an intelligent scheme: maybe you can have a look at the construction report of the designer himself on kartonist, it's very detailed there.

Regards,
Tommaso
Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Thanks. That was very helpful
Old 11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Eternal Member

A beautiful little church. You did a wonderful job with the model. I appreciate your sharing all your photos - I never can remember to do that until it is too late! I have been in the general area of the church - Worms, Mainz, Strasbourg. I am sorry I missed St. Remigius in Dahenfeld - maybe next time. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Google Adsense