PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-18-2009, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Second London Gate

This is Moorgate from Micromodels. This has much fewer parts than Alder's Gate. This big gate has only nine parts yet. I still must add 4 parts for chimneys. But all the windows you do not cut out like Alder's Gate. So this is fast. I rush some but I think it is not sloppy? I have often large span of time to work for several hours so I can do a lot. But now I go to work shortly. I will go back to it Monday.

Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2009, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another fine piece of London architecture, Lala!

Don
Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM

I not take as many pictures while I work. But I made a lot of progress and Moorgate is finished except for the base.

This is the gate without the chimneys added. The roof was difficult because of the angles and parts.

The Inn building is one part that you are to fold up. But I cut away the overhanging area and glue it in seperately. This fits much better and you can work slower on each joint and seam.

This is how the front of the Inn fit.

This is small house. It is very small. I build it after the Gate and before the Inn.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM

I took a couple pictures of finish buildings before I make base tomorrow.

The little house and Inn have many parts but windows are still just printed. The sign hanging on the front is cute!

I take this picture from the bottom so you can see the levels of the front of the buidlings. They are not just flat. They have gables, etc. on the roofs and have windows and extensions on front. These are really very nice and interesting to make.

If you look on bottom of building "A" above the window extension on the front will either have a gap at top or bottom. It is not tall enough. I make gap at bottom, but I don't know... It is not that I make incorrectly if you measure areas they are different by 1mm or 1.5mm
Old 04-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Really excellent work considering the size. My fat fingers have problems with really small stuff like that. In my last model I actually threw away two tiny pieces I just couldn't make - and no one will ever notice because they were so tiny. :o
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 PM

Thank you. You see on my Alder's Gate the two tiny pieces I put on face of Penny? Those were tiny! I not know why they print things so small when you glue it over somethign the same size already printed on building! But I make those parts and put them over where they are to go.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:59 AM

I finish all the building work yesterday, but I had ruin the base part. I used a glue that made everything soft and mushy, then it glue to the bottom of the heavy box I sat on it to make it stay flat. :( It even got rust from the iron box.

But today I cut a new base and touched up color with color pencils... It came out perfect!

Now it is finished! Moorgate from the wall around London

In this last picture, if you look at the building at the left, you can see it does not touch base. That is just how it has to be I think. I don't know why but under the windows it is too short by 1.5 mm approx. I do not like the broken line for folding on the gate and some parts, but that is how it is also.

To make the photographs, I sit the model on a plastic chair with a nice light color. For the black background. I put the model on a black shoe box from a new pair of sneakers. For the red, it is the lid of the sneaker box. It is simple but works well.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 AM

Very cool! I'm really enjoying your Micro Models builds.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keds_Girl_Lala View Post
I finish all the building work yesterday, but I had ruin the base part. I used a glue that made everything soft and mushy, then it glue to the bottom of the heavy box I sat on it to make it stay flat. :( It even got rust from the iron box.
But today I cut a new base and touched up color with color pencils... It came out perfect!
Now it is finished! Moorgate from the wall around London
To make the photographs, I sit the model on a plastic chair with a nice light color. For the black background. I put the model on a black shoe box from a new pair of sneakers. For the red, it is the lid of the sneaker box. It is simple but works well.
Another nice one!!!! I can see, that I'm going to have to take a look at any shoe boxes I have lying about.. ..They work out well for you.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Thank you both! I thought the shoe box was very nice. Brigh, solid, clean colors. It is from Underarmour "Spectre" sneakers. It is good for photographing things in front of.
Google Adsense