PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 12-26-2014, 02:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 24.06 MB
1/64 50s Diner

Hi all,

This is my first attempt to build a Diner. Always fond of 50s - 60s era Diner, I try to design and build this in scale with Hot Wheels, Matchbox or Greenlights die cast cars.

The following attachment shows:
1. Design sketch.
2. The test build pattern.
3. Interior.
4. Facade.
5. Complete build of the diner.
6, 7, 8. Glue the diner to a hard board base and pose it with the classics car.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
1/64 50s Diner-img_20141217_200349.jpg   1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_112142.jpg   1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_115622.jpg   1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_115740.jpg   1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_133625.jpg  

1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_201858.jpg   1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_202205.jpg   1/64 50s Diner-img_20141220_201955.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-26-2014, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear zeawolves77:
Too Cute by far, My 14 year old daughter is on a kick of wanting to eat in this style of dinner so we have been searching Up State New York for old Dinners with some nice finds. are you going to share your model?
thanks,
Miles
Old 12-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Nice - looks the part!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
Looks like a match for Cami's car collection. I saw a post that she was focusing on school, anyone know where her models are? ecardmodels?
Old 12-26-2014, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by aansorge View Post
Looks like a match for Cami's car collection. I saw a post that she was focusing on school, anyone know where her models are? ecardmodels?
Last time I looked, Cami's little beauties were still available at ecardmodels, BUT, ecardmodels site is not currently available due to server problems. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for a successful re-build. I had a peek at the site with the Wayback Machine, but it's Robot protection prevented the machine from archiving it.

Really love the Diner Zeawolves. You've really caught the character of the place. From your pictures, it looks like you planned towards clear windows with an interior ?? It really deserves to be fully developed that way, but if you're done with it, please release the templates so that I and others can develop it further. Personally I'd want to shrink it to 00 scale, but I'm sure there will be others that would want to pump it up as well.

Ideas for internal fittings ....http://papermau.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...-model-by.html

Last edited by JohnM; 12-26-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 12-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear zeawolves77:
Too Cute by far, My 14 year old daughter is on a kick of wanting to eat in this style of dinner so we have been searching Up State New York for old Dinners with some nice finds. are you going to share your model?
thanks,
Miles
Miles, I don't knoiw where exactly, but I believe the old Newark Diner is now in Buffalo somewhere. Have you been to it? It was sold and moved from Newark before I got a chance eat there. It's on my "some day" design list.

Scott K.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.80 MB
Very nice job!
Old 12-26-2014, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Scott:
The diner is going into the historic Larken Square area, I don't know if it is there yet. I will keep an eye out for it, sounds interesting.
Thanks for the heads up,
Miles
there is one on main street called Lake shore.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Great model! You did a beautiful job. It brings back memories....so do the cars.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.06 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear zeawolves77:
thanks,
Miles
Thanks @Miles Linnabery, hope you and your daughter can finally enjoy the Diner soon, it will be some time for me to have a chance at all because I live outside US.

It will take some time to generate a user-friendly pattern. I generate it using powerpoint, most of the pattern is there. If you're willing to try to build I can sent it via email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Nice - looks the part!
Thanks @Kevin WS, glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Really love the Diner Zeawolves. You've really caught the character of the place. From your pictures, it looks like you planned towards clear windows with an interior ?? It really deserves to be fully developed that way, but if you're done with it, please release the templates so that I and others can develop it further. Personally I'd want to shrink it to 00 scale, but I'm sure there will be others that would want to pump it up as well.

Ideas for internal fittings ....Papermau: Vintage Diner Pop-Up Paper Model - by Papermau - Download Now!
Thank you @John M. Yes, I design this one with interior. The options is to build it without interior, build the interior and use the exterior as some kind of shell and the most challenging is to build it with clear plastic sheets in order to view the interior.

I choose 2nd option due to my lack experience for installing LED. Without lighting whatsoever, the interior will be dark and dull :(

For the interior, I manage to create the template for jukebox, but haven't done so for the table, chair, etc. This will take some time.

Wow, nice internal fittings reference, Thank you very much for sharing :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjosey View Post
Very nice job!
@Biosey, thank you :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdaviesclay View Post
Great model! You did a beautiful job. It brings back memories....so do the cars.
@Tomdaviesclay, thank you for some reason (even I've never live in the era, I love the 50s diner and cars)
Google Adsense