PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-11-2015, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
I think it's worth saying that the fit of parts is the best of any kit I've made. Your photo of the small building between the buttresses shows how accurate it is. There's no need to alter the buttresses to make them fit either side of the building.

I agree with you about the roof, I started with the sides and had to "massage" the walls at the end of the building but the end result is fine - unless you look very closely.

I also removed some of the base to make room for my fat fingers.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
This is a treat!

Riclete back in action!

As always, a clean cathedral warranted.

I'm thinking on building a cathedral myself, as I just finished reading "The Pillars of
the Earth", which has many descriptions of cathedrals, and made me wonder if one of
the Canon cathedrals would be a good start. We'll see.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:07 PM

Gerardo,

Yes,Canon would be a good place to start.

I've made a few and can recommend Florence Cathedral. It's not difficult and I think it's one of the best looking cathedrals
Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@ Mike – right! Thomas was, quite clearly, very careful when discounting the paper’s thickness according to the folds of each part. Anyway, it also depends on the modeler. I guess than using half cut for the folds has not the same result as the same fold without the half-cut. As the roof sits on top of walls with a zillion folds, the tiny problem I suspect may well be on the modeler…

Hello Gerardo, nice to find you here

As you surely noted, a slim tower is still missing on each side. I’ll deal with them after gluing the main roof. The picture shows the small domes that will sit on top of those towers.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c27.jpg  
Old 09-15-2015, 07:36 AM

I took advantage of having several windows in a row to show them at various assembly stages. Discarding the number 44, from right to left, you have the hole, then the frame fixed only at the base, then on the vertical sides, then the curved top and, finally, the recessed window. The graphic detail is not common to all the windows. So, I numbered them to avoid any placing error.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c28.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c29.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c30.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c31.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c32.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
Hello Ric,

this is of one of the disadvantages when there is NO printing on the reverse
side. Indeed I cannot remember if we even discussed this feature during production ... sorry for that ...
will be done in the next cathedral model design project ... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
So, I numbered them to avoid any placing error.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:08 PM

Thomas, I don't think that writing numbers on the reverse is a problem - I'm sure Ricardo was only making a comment.

The "fun" with printing numbers on the reverse would get complicated when it comes to numbering the window recesses that fit on the towers.

I pencilled the numbers on the reverse of the tower and the optional windows - no problem !

Also, a pencil is cheap but - I guess - double sided printing would make the models much more expensive ;-))))

If you are thinking of another cathedral may I please make a request ? Milan Cathedral ! I can't think of a more complicated model

Cheers
Mike
Old 09-15-2015, 04:18 PM

Thomas,

I owe you an apology - There is no need to put the numbers on the back of the tower - they are already shown in red on the front.

I put the windows on my table and lower the tower over the hole and can therefore see your numbers. Putting them on the back is not necessary.

Cheers
Mike
Old 09-16-2015, 07:16 AM

@ Thomas – Mike is right. It was just a comment and not a complaint. Marking some parts in the back is part of the game and is cheaper than printing. No problem. By the way, as Mike pointed out, the original parts are marked but I’m not using them…
Did I read “next cathedral model design project”? Miam, miam

Today’s pictures show the conclusion of the cathedral’s rear section. They show the slim towers, pinnacles and other details.
The main roof was glued first to its front wall. Using my particular assembly sequence, an extra mm in roof length would be better but the problem is hardly visible and surely not on these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c33.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c34.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c35.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c36.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c37.jpg  

Old 09-17-2015, 03:06 AM

Beautiful work! I'm really enjoying this thread, thank you for posting all the excellent photos and descriptions!
Google Adsense