PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300

The next Architectural model represents the Hildesheimer Cathedral, in Germany, at 1/300. Despite the small scale, the model is large (51cm x 30cm x 15cm) as it includes many adjacent buildings. However, the kit has only 227 parts. It is not a lot for such a complex building. So, don’t expect recessed window and goodies of that kind. On the other hand, the graphic quality is up to Schreiber’s high standards.
The first pictures show the kit. Apart from the cover, it has 2 A3 format sheets with assembly pictures and 7 more with the parts to cut. With Schreiber, the instructions are simple: the parts should be assembled in sequential order. Easy…
Attached Thumbnails
Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-01.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-02.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-03.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-04.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Have been wondering about this model since it was issued. As usual, will be following your build.

Fred
Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
A nice model and one I would maybe like to do one day. The mix of the cathedral and other buildings I find quite appealing!

I enjoy the Schreiber-Bogen models - and this looks like it is up to the usual quality, and with the usual nice instructions......
Old 04-27-2016, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Ricardo, very good choice!
Same scale as most of Schreiber's Cathedrals, makes it easy for comparison.
I wonder if you know of Monno Marten's construction of the Hildesheim St. Michaelis church. It has been published in 2007 by www.bremer-modellbaubogen.de but is simpler and in 1/200 scale.
Kind regards
BvR
Old 04-27-2016, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
Hi Burckhardt,

I'm sorry but as far as I can see the link you've named isn't active ....
Try this one: Papiermodellbau - Atelier Marten Bremen

Cheers
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercaptain View Post
Ricardo, very good choice!
Same scale as most of Schreiber's Cathedrals, makes it easy for comparison.
I wonder if you know of Monno Marten's construction of the Hildesheim St. Michaelis church. It has been published in 2007 by www.bremer-modellbaubogen.de but is simpler and in 1/200 scale.
Kind regards
BvR
Google Adsense
Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 AM

@ Fred - yes, this one of the latest Schreibers I bought. Another is the Pisa Tower (already assembled) and the Kreuzenstein castle.
@ Kevin - me too . My collection of completed Schreiber includes some 30 models and I'd not recommend just a couple of them.
@ PaperCaptain - I'd like to have fewer "standard" scales for buildings because, as you say, it is easier to compare. Schreiber uses many different but sometimes close scales and, you know, other publishers have ideas of their own. Instant Durable uses 1/250 for most of their kits, which is good.
@ Thomas - thanks for the link. It works There is a lot of interesting stuff there! I find the colors a bit "flat", maybe...

It is a good practice to start a building by making the base. In this case, the base takes more time than usual because most of the area is at an higher level than a small section at the back.
Schreiber choose to make a card grid to make the extra height. It works well but, as the card reacts to temperature and humidity differences, the borders tend to go up, which is very annoying. The trick is to put the base over a small support. This way, the whole thing remains reasonably flat.
Attached Thumbnails
Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-05.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-06.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-07.jpg  
Old 05-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 379.18 MB
Hi Ricardo,

that's a very good choice, I will follow your build.

Regards
Dieter
Old 05-04-2016, 06:59 AM

Thanks, Dieter

At first sight, it might look that the unreinforced paper formers are useless. That’s not the case, unless you have a heavy hand. Regarding the semi cylindrical section, I didn’t hesitate to add card formers. They ensure the part shape while gluing.
Attached Thumbnails
Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-08.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-09.jpg  
Old 05-06-2016, 06:30 AM

I made slight changes to the proposed assembly sequence in the front section (parts number 12 before parts number 10). Nothing important, anyway…
Attached Thumbnails
Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-10.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-11.jpg  
Old 05-10-2016, 07:01 AM

A cathedral without buttresses is not exactly a cathedral. This one has a fair share of them and, at 1/300, they are quite small. Regarding the roofs, there was no problem with fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-12.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-13.jpg   Hildesheimer Cathedral - Schreiber Bogen - 1/300-hildesheimer-c-14.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
1/300, hildesheimer, schreiber