PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
I'm with Fred, that really is a beautiful tower top.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
good work on the roof

Old 12-05-2016, 07:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
There was a trick on the details at the top: the wire passes inside the paper. The parts have two faces (to be painted on both sides) and I left the wire when gluing the two faces. Then, I removed the wire, in order to cut the parts but the space for the wire remained open for it to go into place again.

The chapel’s roof has a very peculiar shape. It varies from a rectangle at the base to an elongated octagonal top, where the elliptical lantern will glue. Fun is not a straight line and the shape variation occurs along a concave and a convex curve! Confused? The pictures are, hopefully, worth a thousand words.
I reinforced the top, to ensure that it keeps flat, and two places at the base, to fix as many angles.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-42.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-43.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-44.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-45.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-46.jpg  

Old 12-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Eternal Member

You're right Ricardo. In this case a picture was indeed worth a thousand words. Interesting construction and a great job of bringing it to life.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:41 AM

@ Elliott – in my view, the designer made the right choice with the roof tabs. They double the thickness of the slim parts, which is good, and don’t overlap because they glue in wide parts. Clever design makes the modeler’s life easier

The external lamp detail is delicious. There is an “easy” version, simply flat and with only one part.
The other pictures show the chapel’s lantern roof detail. As the base is elliptical, the petals and gluing tabs have different shapes. They are clearly marked and must be glued in the appropriate sequence to get the desired shape. The tabs don’t extend to the base, which is correct to get a constant thickness all along the perimeter. However, I decided to prolong the tabs with extra bits of thinner paper. They are visible on the second picture.
Despite the small size, assembly is relatively easy because accessibility is good. There is room for a single finger inside but it can go where needed to align the petals/tabs and put pressure in order to glue properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-47.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-48.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-49.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-08-2016, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
like the lamp ricardo dome is good as well

Old 12-12-2016, 08:02 AM

@ RonanModels - small is (often) beautiful

Strangely, there were no gluing tabs for the lantern’s tiny windows. I also added elliptical card formers, both on top and at the base. They made the task of gluing this assembly to the roof much easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-50.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-51.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-52.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-53.jpg  
Old 12-14-2016, 07:47 AM

The last construction pictures show the lantern’s pinnacle and the model down to just 5 parts. I confess that the final assembly is one of my favorite tasks in any model…
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-54.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-55.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-c-56.jpg  
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

Nice! Looking forward to seeing this come together at long last.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:04 AM

The editors put the difficulty level at 3/5. It may be fair for the easy version. Regarding the “realistic” version, don’t believe them! The 5 models, and particularly this one, are both demanding and rewarding. The difficulty doesn’t come from awkward assembly methods or poor fit. It is the “honest” difficulty type, as the subjects are ambitiously modeled. I’d be a sure client for more…
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-g-01.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-g-02.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-g-03.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-bila-vez-g-04.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
dukase, gates, milan bartos, towers