PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 08-26-2016, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.91 MB
I don't know what to say... fantastic Model there, George! Like your Diner, I swear I've seen this house in a dozen different locations, from CO to ID, to all the way up in OR!

From the crooked stairs on the Porch, to the 'Executive Washroom'; it's just an awesome looking Model. Add to that, being scratchbuilt... WOW!

George, if you ever decide to make this a Download I would scoop it up in a second!

Great job!

Alan
Old 08-26-2016, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Did I hear you say you were a year older? Happy Birthday.

Are you going to do a model of that fine boat to go with the house?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Thank you all! Yes today is my birthday. I'm 28... no, 38.... hmmm... Let me check the calan..... 58!!!!!! No, that can't be right. I'm still too young to be that old! Man, they say time flies when your having fun; I must be havin' a party! VK, here is what I could whip up in the time I could steal this afternoon.

Some of my builds-8-26-16a-001.jpg Some of my builds-8-26-16a-002.jpg Some of my builds-8-26-16a-003.jpg Some of my builds-8-26-2016-007.jpg

Our little green jon boat alongside Mr. Sam 'Uncle Sam" Bennett's shanty boat. I haven't figured out how to do the American flags he had flying from all four corners and the red white and blue bunting and ribbons that usually graced the sides (Now you know how he got his handle). He was a WWI Vet. Had fished the lower Ohio and upper Mississippi Rivers beginning in 1912, he told us. Was in his late 70's or early 80's when we first met him, and he could still out-work any of us.

The models are a bit rough, but it was fun to see what I could come up with today. Thanks VK!
Elliott, as always, glad you enjoy them.
Alan, I'll see what I can do. I haven't added anything to the download section yet, so I'll have to see if I can figure it out or who to ask. Got to look at my 'plans' to see if there is enough there to build the model. I have a tendency to grab something left over from another project and use it if it looks right. How good are you at looking at the pieces and finding what goes where? But I will get back to you on this. I think it would be nice to see someone else do one of my models and see how you 'interpret' the build! Have a Great Evening Everyone! -George
Old 08-27-2016, 07:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I like the shanty and the square-ended boat, which looks much like the one in which Pogo Possum and Albert Alligator poled around the Okefenokee Swamp. http://comicsalliance.com/files/2015...t-kelly-03.jpg

Don
Old 08-28-2016, 09:13 AM

Yes Don, Pogo & Albert would have been right at home, with the boat, anyway. And I promise not to go looking for that fountain of youth in Okefenokee. Only things I found down there were mosquitos the size of F-111's and other critters I didn't have to deal with on the Ohio (mosquitos around here don't top out any bigger than a piper cub). Down there,(some of my cousins live on the northern edge of the swamp) they call these flat bottom boats a 'swamper' or 'pirogues'; hope I spelled that right. And, yes, I took my jon boat down there one summer, so she was touched by those waters a few times! Have a Great Day! - George
Google Adsense
Old 08-28-2016, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Wow! Threw together in an afternoon. Very nice work
Old 08-28-2016, 01:12 PM

George,

I find your Build threads very enjoyable to read, and the Photos just serve to whet my appetite for giving an Architectural model a try!

In response to your question about downloading plans & instructions... I can probably follow your Build notes, photos and maybe a List of Materials (cardstock), but the Coloring, I don't know.

Anyway... keep on building, and we'll be watching with interest!

Alan
Old 08-30-2016, 05:34 PM

George,

What weight Cardstock do you typically use for your Models?

Alan
Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM

Card Stock

Alan,

On all of the buildings I use 110lb cardstock. Not to picky about who made it as long as it has a smooth finish an not glossy. I usually pick mine up at Office Depot or Staples. On the bigger models, I will use cardstock scraps or cereal box strips for interior bracing. Hope that helps.

George
Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 PM

George,

Many thanks for the tips! That will help out a lot, since I use 110# most of the time. I have some thin cardboard that'll work perfect for interior bracing.

Alan
Google Adsense