PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 08-20-2023, 06:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Rokštejn Castle - Lesy

Rokštejn is a castle ruin located on a rocky hill above the valley of the river Brtnice , in the cadastral territory of Panská Lhota of the town of Brtnice in the district of Jihlava . The torso of two castle palaces with a prismatic tower and the remains of farm buildings form one of the largest castle ruins in the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands . Rokštejn is listed on the list of cultural monuments, and since 1981 systematic archaeological research has been carried out here. The area is freely accessible with the possibility of guided tours.(Wikipedia)

It was quite a scavenger hunt to find this model, in this thread I explain how I found it, I was looking to be sure that the model wasn't paid and that the author him/herself was sharing the model so I don't go to the dark side...

Now, going back to the model...

The kit consists of 15 pages of parts, a 2 page .doc with instructions in Czech and 5 pdfs with schematics of the model sections.

The pages are in single pdf files, so you'll need to join them in a single file;

The model is divided in 3 main sections; these are divided in 17 sub-sections and the main sections have a color code wich makes easier to identify where parts go.

The model building starts on the upper palace:
  1. Parts 1+2 makes the palace walls(photo 1);
  2. Parts 3, 4, and 5 makes the roof and goes on 1+2;
  3. Parts 6(2x) and 7(2x) make 2 dormers that goes onto the roof part 3;
  4. Part 8(5x) are chimneys, 3 of them go onto roof part 3 and 2 go onto roof part 5(photo 7);
  5. Part 9 is a stair and is attached to Part 1(photo 7);
  6. Parts 10(2x) and 11(2x) make 2 prevets that go on the side of the palace(photo 7);
  7. Part 14, is a wall, part 27 is a walkway and 5x parts 25 are the supports(photo 8);
  8. Photo 9 shows the previous finished wall attached to the main building;
  9. Parts 12 and 13 make the terrain of the palace(photo 10);

Some warnings about some parts:

When building Part 1, make sure to cut the 2 slits on the side with 2 windows and a door, one of them are longer and the other is short; the gluing tabs of stair part 9 go inside them;

For part 14 and many other parts on the kit, you'll see either an A or a B marking with a small line on some tabs: Trace these on the back of the parts using the marks on the front as a guide. You'll need to use them to align the inside of these walls properly;

Lastly, a strange thing that I faced: when making wall 14+27+25, the translated instructions says that part 26 are posts that are part of this wall, but the images that I'm using as a guide neither the instructions gave me clue of where to glue those parts( they are small rectangles that are folded in half), so I chose to skip them as it doesn't breaks the final result;

Next, I'll be continuing the walls of this section; I have a long way to go...

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
-upper-palace-1.jpg   -upper-palace-2.jpg   -upper-palace-3.jpg   -upper-palace-4.jpg   -upper-palace-5.jpg  

-upper-palace-6.jpg   -upper-palace-7.jpg   -upper-palace-8.jpg   -upper-palace-9.jpg   -upper-palace-10.jpg  

Last edited by gregoy; 08-20-2023 at 06:28 PM.
Google Adsense