PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 12-03-2023, 07:00 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Wonderful way of documenting the history and building these old structures. Always nice work.

I see you made some modifications to the kit.
Perhaps you are only one or two steps away from "scratch building" something?

Mike
Old 03-25-2024, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 121.70 MB
TO: Michael Mash

thanx, unfortunately I don't have much time for my own things... I walk past several crosses every day, so hopefully one day I will get around to building such a local monument...

Easter week has started for us, so I will put together a few models with this theme, the first one is:

Church above Calvary Oščadnica (Slovakia)

Scale: 1:150
Author : E.Drahošanová, O.Hejl

The Church above Calvary was built in the same way as Calvary, at the request of the Oščadnica believers. By November 1947 the church was on display and by June 1948 the interior of the church was completed. Architect Anton Medrický donated a gilded painting of the Virgin Mary and Jesus to the church. Just like Calvary, the church above it was built exclusively from the donations of self-sacrificing parishioners, natives, workers and brothers and sisters living in the USA. Thanks also go to the Oščadnice volunteer fire department, which supplied water from the stream to the church during the entire construction, and thus greatly helped and facilitated the work on the construction site. Three large wooden crosses stand out in front of the church. The cross in the center is the highest. The consecration of Calvary, crosses and the church above Calvary took place on August 15, 1948 in the presence of 20,000 pilgrims.

My edits:

This little church has a nice hand drawing, I built it without modifications, I just added a simple mat, probably the most work was carving the cross...
Attached Thumbnails
Sacral architecture-ximg_2298.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9555.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9557.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9560.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9562.jpg  

Sacral architecture-dscn9565.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9567.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9569.jpg   Sacral architecture-dscn9572.jpg