PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 10-29-2020, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Rupert Cordeux News

I just wanted to say that Lincoln Cathedral looks like being the last model-kit I shall be designing. As some of you may already know, I am also a watercolour artist ( see supporting images of most recent work ) and this I now feel is where my main creative thrust lies. I shall still be selling the models I have produced but in the future, my aim is to find someone who can produce them for me in larger numbers and deal with the publicity and sales as well. I of course would guard my artistic and intellectual rights to the models. Some feedback on this would be most welcome.

All the Best,

Rupert Cordeux
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert Cordeux News-holy-trinity-leamington-spa..jpg   Rupert Cordeux News-101_7856.jpg   Rupert Cordeux News-101_8217.jpg   Rupert Cordeux News-101_7813.jpg   Rupert Cordeux News-101_8263-2-.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2020, 09:35 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Lovely work.
Could the fourth image be that of Glastonbury Abbey by chance?
Mike
Old 10-29-2020, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
These are superb water colors. You art work was always one of the many strong points of your architectural models.

It was always interesting to see the development of your models, including your research and methodologies.

I am glad that your models will continue to be available.

Best wishes for the future, both for your art work and the sale of your models.

Don
Old 10-29-2020, 05:37 PM

Nice work!
Old 11-04-2020, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Lovely work.
Mike
Nice guess but no. These are Lord Leicester's Buildings at Kenilworth Castle. He built them for Elizabeth l so that she could visit in style and luxury. I am very lucky in that Kenilworth is only four miles down the road from where I live.
Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2020, 02:56 AM

Not Glastonbury but Kenilworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Lovely work.
Mike
Nice guess but no. These are Lord Leicester's Buildings at Kenilworth Castle. He built them for Elizabeth l so that she could visit in style and luxury. I am very lucky in that Kenilworth is only four miles down the road from where I live.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
These are superb water colors. You art work was always one of the many strong points of your architectural models.

It was always interesting to see the development of your models, including your research and methodologies.

I am glad that your models will continue to be available.

Best wishes for the future, both for your art work and the sale of your models.

Don
Thank you for those kind words. Eventually, I hope to find a trustworthy partner who can take on the burden of producing and advertising the models I have produced. Sadly, whilst the British are known for being creative and industrious, they are also known for letting go of what they have produced and often lose out on reaping the full potential of their hard work to unscrupulous 'traders'. I definitely don't intend to be caught in the same snare. So, any reports of my untimely death or of my having ceded all artistic and intellectual rights to these should be utterly ignored! When I have decided my next move, it will be my pleasure to publish it here. In the meantime, I will continue to take orders until Spring next year. All the best. Stay well!

Last edited by Rupert Cordeux; 11-04-2020 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Need to say more.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:14 AM

Hello Rupert,

I can understand your decision, but you've already given us some wonderful cathedrals.
We should have enough to do with these models.
Of course it would be desirable if these great model building sheets are still available on the market.
I wish you all the best for your painting and stay healthy.

With best regards from Styria

Kurt
Old 03-19-2021, 10:08 AM

Availability of Rupert Cordeux Model Cathedrals.

I would be most grateful if whoever reads this post could do me the kindness of circulating it as much as possible.
As from March 10th 2021, I will not be taking any new orders for the model cathedrals which I have designed over the last thirty years under the name of Rupert Chicken and then Rupert Cordeux.
My eventual aim is to hand over the marketing, production and distribution of the models to a more able agent than myself, thus freeing up more time for my painting.
I would be much obliged if everyone out there can help me safeguard the copyright of my work by alerting me to any suspected breaches of copyright. Not only is breach of copyright theft, but poor copies of original work do untold damage to the reputation of the artist.
My website link is here as also is my email address.

https://rupertcordeux.wixsite.com/modelcathedrals

[email protected]

Thank you to everyone who has bought models from me. Please save the two links above so that I can inform you of what is happening. Kind Regards, Rupert Cordeux.
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert Cordeux News-news-about-model-kits.jpg   Rupert Cordeux News-model-kit-price-list-21st-may-2020.jpg   Rupert Cordeux News-model-kit-price-list-21st-may-2020..jpg  
Old 04-09-2021, 02:50 AM

Shame that your hanging up your ruler and pen on this as really enjoy your craftsmanship and tackling the models for myself. Still want to buy Peterborough, Ely and Lincoln on day!
Google Adsense