PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 02-04-2021, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Czech Town Pt.2

Being restricted to the house, I think I've gone a bit soft in the head.

The other title could be MPR II. For me it's part 2 because I made part 1 about 16 years ago. From the kit's point of view it's the 2nd one in a series of 3 towns, one bridge and a Castle.

I have a feeling that there are a few part made kits out there and I am hoping that I'll finish this one and encourage others to finish theirs;-))

The photos are the first four buildings. The book has this as Part A with blue coloured numbers and the last one is part 100. It's now that I look at the numbers more carefully. Many of the buildings I've made in the past have less than 100 parts and the book shows there are 2,127 to make about 40 buildings plus the city wall. It also goes without saying the instructions are only in Czech and unlike most kits the model can't be made in numerical order.

...... till the next time

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Czech Town Pt.2-img_0189.jpg   Czech Town Pt.2-img_0190.jpg   Czech Town Pt.2-img_0191.jpg   Czech Town Pt.2-img_0192.jpg   Czech Town Pt.2-img_0193.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-04-2021, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I really enjoy seeing the wonky buildings in these. For my Venice project, I am trying to add some the non-rectilinear structures and failing badly.

I am in awe of these designs, and how well you handle them
Old 02-05-2021, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Best of luck with this one Mike. I hope you have got a spare billiard room to put it in.

In the past, there have been a few build threads of this on the forum (Perhaps Rick can give reference links?) One of them was even building it at half the normal scale in order to save space. I thoroughly enjoyed following all of these threads, jealously admiring their progress, but I don't recall any of them actually finishing the whole thing.

Yes, I do have the book and it often gets picked up and admired by visitors, but I've not yet been tempted to start building ... No, it's not for sale!
Old 02-05-2021, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Here in Czech Republic are several finisherd models a have seen or know of. It takes plenty of work to finish. I realy like it at half of the normal scale, it is so cute.

This are all three parts in normal scale - pt.2 and 3 is at front, pt.1 is at back:

Extensions for X-wing
Old 02-05-2021, 03:25 PM

Thanks for all your comments.

I will never make the whole set into one diorama Mainly because I no longer have the buildings from part one, It ended up in a skip when we moved house. I also didn't believe I'd make part two.

I do have a spare copy of the book - I've seen one on sale for about £ 60. I'm not sure it will sell for that price. Also postage would be (excuse the pun) heavy.

To give you an idea about the numbering -- section B starts with part 22 and includes parts 66, 76, 39 plus a lot more!

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 02-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Considering the fact that my efforts in paper modeling have been precariously balanced on bookshelves, desk tops and other dubious areas , while appreciating the true magnificence of this impressive model, somehow its appearance in my domicile would attend the building of a large extension to said domicile. Pray tell, Mike, where are you going to let the final construction rest ?
Old 02-07-2021, 06:18 AM

Most of my models sit on shelves in my "work room" - I've been thinking about that description because models aren't really work. I've been thinking about calling it a studio ;-)

Once the shelves are full the models are transferred to boxes then stored in the loft. There are now more than 40 boxes up there with something like 200 models!!!
Old 02-10-2021, 04:26 PM

parts of the second series of the BOOK

Generally I just send pictures of finished models - unfinished models look.... well - unfinished ;-)

However, I decided that for this model the rather complex bits were worth seeing. As I mentioned before numerical order is not possible. I decided that I'd take the bigger bits - mainly the outer walls - and add all the details. One wall has 30 pieces to add! This works well, but it gets more complicated when details overlap details from another wall. Roofs are something else! all of them have numbers round the edge indicating which wall is attached to the roof but a couple have different numbers all round, indicating that it is attached to four or more different walls!

Once all this is done it will have to be attached to the first section - pictures are at the start of this thread.

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Czech Town Pt.2-img_0194.jpg   Czech Town Pt.2-img_0195.jpg   Czech Town Pt.2-img_0196.jpg  
Old 02-11-2021, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Mike, did you scan the pages from the book and print them out or are you using the originals? If printed, what weight card stock? I have the book and this is a future project.

Fred
Old 02-11-2021, 04:36 PM

I'm using the originals. The book is too thick to get a decent copy. There are over 70 pages of parts just for the one town - the cost of the ink would be too high - bearing in mind the cost of the original book

It's like tight rope walking without a net ;-)

be warned - you will need a lot of patience and nerve !!

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense