Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 06-25-2021, 02:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Oh boy, that's something!
Old 06-27-2021, 12:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Nave? Childsplay!

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Now that bit was easy - just a couple of hours to produce the whole nave and then another couple of hours to do both the baptisteries... suddenly coming on fast. But I've been warned that the three last facades are going to be incredibly slow and difficult. Just a quick glance at the next flat sheets shows me that's probably true... this is the bit where I give up hope and don't finish it for the next decade or so hehehee. Wish me luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf13.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf15.jpg  

Dial it down to snail's pace and you might not glue your hand to your face, your face to the curtain and your curtain to the dog.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nativity Facade and half of Passion Facade

Its funny just how infuriating little curved pieces can be. The Nativity facade has a lot of them, which has been slow. But I've re-assessed my opinion of the original design of the model, and given the constraints of size and complexity of Gaudi's melting shapes, it's actually a pretty good product - not too much to screw up so long as you stay as accurate as possible.

I spent as long as I felt I needed straightening the towers by eye so they look as upright as posssible - I know that some of my previous models have been a bit crooked and it really drags the eye away from everything else. Mine aren't perfect here, but close enough in my opinion to that they don't jar when you look at them. The finial tops have been about the most difficult parts to glue together (see my signature below) but worth the time even with the repeat x 12 because each of the three facades has four spires. They make it look more like a real building, and photographing from ground level also seems to help bring the place to life.

For the Passion facade I decided to cut out the 'grill' shape above the North entrance even though it's not marked, and I'm glad I did because it makes it feel much more 3 dimensional. I still can't seem to get the cross above it straight, but I might re-glue it as I have a spare if it gets destroyed in the process... again, I think i makes the difference when these things are vertical. The spires weren't nearly as well made as the ones on the Nativity facade, but not everyhing goes right and I don't think it's too bad a job. One thing I have really liked is the stairs and ramps below the entrance doors - somehow they really add to the look of thes sections.

Anyway, one last push to finish and we should be done before Christmas!!
Attached Thumbnails
Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf16.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf17.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf19.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf20.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf22.jpg  

Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf23.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf25.jpg   Papercraft Sagrada Familia - 459 piece-sf26.jpg  

Dial it down to snail's pace and you might not glue your hand to your face, your face to the curtain and your curtain to the dog.