PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-06-2022, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72

Hello architecture friends

With my next project I am going back to the area of sacred architecture.

The special location of the chapel on a bridge and the fact that it is made of wood made me build this model.

210 neatly printed parts can be found on six A4 pages, two pages each of construction sketches and frames complete the model kit

Looking forward to the start of construction soon, and best regards
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0013.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0014.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0015.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0016.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-06-2022, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That is an interesting place to put a chapel.
The model looks good even in its unbuilt condition.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:01 AM

Yes it is realy an interesting Place on the bridge

At the beginning, the base plate is glued to two 1 mm cardboard ... since I don't use the original frames (W2) for the time being, these parts remain. Instead, separate tabs are used

Now insert your "own" reinforcements ... and prepare all parts for the facade ...

thus the wall can be completed with the entrance

Sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0017.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0018.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0019.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0020.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0021.jpg  

Old 01-08-2022, 02:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
The place is very pretty as well as all the surroundings (the deep valley carved by the small river in the white Jurassic rocks). The name of the town is Ojców (locativ = w Ojcowie). And this chapel was located verbatim on the river because the occupational authorities didn' t allow the community to built a new church on the town's grounds, so they are created a virtual parcel upon the water.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I haven't been able to find much information on this. Does 'occupational authorities' equate to 'Tsar Nicholas II'? And does 'town's grounds' equate to 'his father's lands'?

I live in the US, but I am intrigued by 19th Century history and political structure. It is hard for me to fathom the lands all being the property of a lord or monarch or church, with a person's land being his by grant, rather than right of ownership. I imagine it was harder to fathom for the folks who lived under that situation.

I didn't realize this was as new as it is
Google Adsense
Old 01-08-2022, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
Yes, in the Europe the ancient ownership of the land (allodium) had been steppedly removed from the people and the lands became the property of the Holy Roman Emperor and later princes starting from early Mediaevum.

In case of this chapel, exactly the tzar prohibited the erection in 1901. However the expression "his fathers' land" is wrong and could be misleading. There should be simply "the Ojców land" - "the Ojców community area" (the name of the locality "Ojców" is the same word in Polish language as "fathers" in genetivus and accusativus, and, as a toponym, it shouldn't be translated from Polish into English).
Old 01-08-2022, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Thank you. In High School and College, I was fortunate to have History instructors that believed that to see what is going on, you see what you are studying, then in relation to what is going on around them and what set the item's course, then try to see it from a more distant perspective.

After I posted the question, I was afraid it might have been interpreted as questioning your post. Definitely not the case. I was looking for more background and context
Old 01-12-2022, 12:55 PM

Prepare part 3L ... and glue it to part 2 at a right angle ...

... also part 3P ... with part 4L ...

... the first part of the building is closed

Sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0033.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0001.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0002.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0003.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0004.jpg  

Old 01-16-2022, 02:37 AM

Part 1 is reinforced with 0.5 mm cardboard and the underside of the bridge is glued on ... then the first on the top
Glue on part of the building

Now the side walls 5... with the "wooden frames" to be cut out...

Sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0005.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0006.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0007.jpg   St. Joseph's Chapel in Ojcowie / Poland - GPM - 1:72-dscf0008.jpg  
Old 01-16-2022, 04:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
looking good Kurt

Google Adsense