PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-12-2022, 02:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
The chimneys were also a real slog - the suggested split match alternative would again have been not quite the right thing to do! Many congratulations on this unusual take on this Micromodels masterpiece!

Next up, Hampton Court perhaps? That really does have an awful lot of chimneys - stiffened string I think I used - and the costliest Micromodel ever produced at 10s 6d for the three part set.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
And am, no doubt, a much better person as a result!
You most certainly are! I've concidered Hampton Court but it's so big and expencive. Besides I have Windsor Castle to tackle first. And some rolling stock. We will see. Thanks for your kind comment on the model.

Cheers,

Tappi
Old 04-15-2022, 02:25 AM

The Old London Bridge

The next one I made monochrome in purpose and for the reason already mentioned here - old etchings of the subject (not many photos around). And also wanted to make a pair for the Vatican. Here is my version of The Old London Bridge.

The model wasn't easy to build, at least not for me. Certain accuracy and consistency was not present in the parts. I got it made though and her's how it looks.

What a dive into the history of London and to the many phases of this particular subject. One main reason I build models is to learn something (preferably a lot) about the subject. This was an interesting ride. Browsing through the 'references' that is period drawings and paintings, models made etc. made me just wonder what the original really looked like. Having said that I do understand it must have looked very different during it's very long life cycle. This models is said to depict the bridge sometime the Tudor Period but that lasted for nearly quarter of a century din't it. The stone bridge building started during early 12th century and it was demolished mid 18th. Facinating story and lot's of interesting pictures to be found in the internet. I enclose some of them here.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-bw-print.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-1.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-2.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-3.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-4.jpg  

My Micromodel's architectural models-5.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-claude_de_jongh_1632.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 04-15-2022, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
It looks lovely, Tappi. And I don't think anybody would find it easy to build.

I believe that at some point there were poles at each end of the bridge, aloft of which the heads of executed criminals, traitors and the like were displayed as a warning to the populace. You can just about make them out on the left-hand side of the last picture. Years ago I read somewhere that someone had modelled these, but I can't remember how they did it. Insect pins and blobs of balsa cement perhaps? Whichever way, I think they would be a great addition.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:53 AM

Thanks Philip. I'm aware about that display but I didn't do it yet. Model instructions suggest the poles were located on top of a house almost mid bridge and references suggest they were at either end the bridges gatehouses. I'll propably go by the instructions when I fine thin enough wire somewhere.

Tappi
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2022, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another wonderful model, Tappi! Like all your models, this one rewards close scrutiny.

Don
Old 04-17-2022, 02:51 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Tappi - excellent!

The black and white models really come out well! Very impressive!

After I saw your post on St Peters, I actually immediately thought of London Bridge - one of my favourites. I have made a couple, but I am now definitely going to give it a go in black and white!

Great work all round Tappi!
Old 04-17-2022, 03:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
If you are interested: I can provide repro's of all Micromodels, see my website, Miscellaneous, Micromodels. If you like, I can of course also do greyscale prints!
Very recently I have enlarged some of the more demanding architectural models to 150%.
From next sunday we will be away for a longish trip with our small VW camper, so do not expect an immediate answer to any mails! Easiest if you mail me direct: da.denbakker(at)planet.nl
Old 04-17-2022, 11:33 PM

Thank you both Don and Kevin! Next one has even smaller details so let's see how that goes together. And it's pretty much b&w by it's own nature so I'll build it as is. But more of that later, now I return to my Panhard. I want tp finnish the body of the vehicle and get it on it's wheels first.

Thanks Diderick, you shop is the obvious choice for European modelers because of rising postage fees outside of Europe and UK's isolation and custom wall. Have a nice holiday.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-next.jpg  
Old 05-28-2022, 12:27 PM

Unfortunately I don't have time to start the Windsor Castle build so I chose next one to be The Bull Hotel. Here's a sneak peak of the creation, more pictures tomorrrow.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-bull-hotel.jpg  
Google Adsense