PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-03-2022, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Hohenzollern Castle

Also known as the setting for the TV series "The Worst Witch"

Our granddaughter liked the series and the castle that appears in the introduction interested me. A quick check on Google Identified it the above German castle.

A slightly longer call on Google directed me to Canon. As with most of my Canon kits I printed it as 2 for 1 pdfs making it about half size and only 10 pages long - no including the instructions. This makes the base 7 X 11 inches or 27 X 18 cm. Canon don't give a scale for their buildings so I made a rough calculation using one of the gates as a guide. As they say Measure twice cut once. Measuring the gate is fine, but I have no real size of the original, although photos on the internet show many visitors which helps. My calculation gives between 1:500 and 1: 750.

Overall I like the completed building but as toy will see it looks as if it's sliding down the mountain. In hindsight I should have reinforced all the courtyards and and gardens. I'll remember next time !!

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Hohenzollern Castle-img_0789.jpg   Hohenzollern Castle-img_0790.jpg   Hohenzollern Castle-img_0791.jpg   Hohenzollern Castle-img_0792.jpg   Hohenzollern Castle-img_0793.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2022, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks, Mike! I've enjoyed the series and the castle would be a good one to add to my collection.