PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 07-12-2023, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the comments
@ Siwi – many of the smaller parts are printed on thinner paper, which is both useful and unusual for Czech kits. Maybe the Polish way of getting thickness with card and, well, discard some tabs would result in an easier assembly.

After “processing” the walls, it is time to join them…
Attached Thumbnails
Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c13.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c14.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c15.jpg  
Old 07-12-2023, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hey Ricardo, that's an interesting project for a change. What a wonderful 3D-effects in this model. Good luck!

Erik
Old 07-12-2023, 04:10 PM

Master's work - as usual.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:58 AM

Thanks, Erik and Kriszme
As you can see in the pictures, I opted to add the roof before dealing with the towers. The large opening in the base plate provides access for a hand to get in, which is useful for minor adjustments when gluing.
Attached Thumbnails
Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c16.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c17.jpg  
Old 07-17-2023, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
Wonderful, I love how the layering of parts creates those additional 3D details.

Doug
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2023, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
Many models from Dukase, by various designers, may be described as digital Erkotyps.
Good morning Ricardo,

I agree with you totally! Also I have this model on my personal »must-have« list and it'll be ordered from Miroslav Gabriel as soon as possible.
Needless to state that your assembly is perfect - as usual :-) It's a pity that I came across it so late ...

See you
Thomas
Old 07-20-2023, 07:47 AM

@ Doug – I bet you’ll like the 3D effects on the towers, too
@ Thomas – Welcome aboard! Nice to hear from you

The towers have a simple square section at the base but are quite elaborate, again with several plans linked by long and thin parts that are fragile and tricky to assemble.
Attached Thumbnails
Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c18.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c19.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c20.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c21.jpg  
Old 07-21-2023, 03:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Ricardo, wonderful 3D effects again! Are you reinforcing the main body of the tower internally by e.g. laminating it with extra paper? I always find this very useful to do, especially if a (sub-)assembly requires a lot of handling when building it up (also very useful for aircraft fuselage sections by the way....).

Cheers,
Erik
Old 07-21-2023, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
nice work on the towers Ricardo I do like Dukase models as well, doing one of their castles by Milan Bartos at the moment. I have reinforced it as much as I can with card but the recessed windows limit it. but is ok on the roofs helps hold the chimneys and dormer windows in position.

Old 07-24-2023, 07:09 AM

@ Erik – I rarely feel the need to reinforce walls. The 3D effects help to keep the walls flat, if I don’t put too much white glue. But you can check in the pictures that I added a square former at the base. It effectively fixes the relative positions of the four larger wall sections, just in the same manner as formers on aircraft fix the cross-section at joints.
@ David – Right, recessed windows and doors don’t make the life easier to reinforce walls. Well, as I virtually never do that, it is not a problem. I went shopping at Dukase recently and got quite a few kits. I was expecting good products and they came up better than expected! Karlstein and Svihov, for example, look excellent.
The last construction pictures show the domes on top of the towers and diverse details. The wall thickeners have many forward and backward folds. I found it necessary to cut those parts in sections, particularly on forward fold lines. The recessed sections tend to be a little longer than the emplacements and must be trimmed to fit properly. It is a rather tedious task but well worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c22.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c23.jpg   Synagoga Krnov 1/150 Dukase-krnov-c24.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
1/150, dukase, synagoga krnov