PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 07-19-2023, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Made significant progress during last days:
  1. Added tower section F wich goes between the main tower B and sections E and G;
  2. Added a banister that goes over the rotunda section C;
  3. Then I followed by sections M, J, K, some L parts and a S piece.

Just a couple of minutes ago, I managed on a second try to join 3 more L parts together wich makes another stair after failng it on the first try, I did a small hack on part L8 wich was to not cut the triangle tabs on the border, but cut them evenly so they look like squares and on part L9(last photo), I did the same thing on the small arch, I left some paper around the tiny triangles so I had support for attaching part L7 easier later on.

Next steps uses some parts from section S and more parts from section L, these will start the grass/rocky parts of the model...

Cheers,

Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-tower_f.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-banister_h.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-sections_h_j_k_l_m.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-l-7-9_joined.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-l_7_8_9_hack.jpg  

Old 07-27-2023, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Yesterday, I added the last structure from section V.
Anyone that already saw the photos of the castle on Robert's site knows that a rampart that goes just next to the bridge on the front of the castle is the last section of the model. But this very last section isn't glued at all within the bridge, it is just placed near it.

Currently, I don't have an display space that holds the entire castle, including the rampart.
And personally since I concluded that skipping the building of this rampart doesn't hurt the final look of the model, I decided to skip the last section and call the model completed (I'll certainly build it once I have the proper space for it).

The bridge currently doesn't have a chain or a string as the instructions says; I'll plan to purchase some small keychains on a craft store on my neighbourhood soon to add them on it.

Thank goodness I didn't built the kit on the full size, as the height on the full size is almost 75 cm(29.5 inches); and I wouldn't have any space to hold this "beast" of a model.

The final measures of the model on the size I printed are:

Depth: 19,79 inches (50,29 cm)
Width: 17,4 inches (44,40 cm)
Height: 21,05 inches (53,47 cm)

See you soon for my next build.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_front.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_right-side.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_back_side.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_left_side.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_entrance_bridge.jpg  

Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_cave.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_back_side_courtyard.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_arch_1.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_arch_2.jpg   Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_stairs.jpg  

Paris Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle - Disney Experience-finished_model_vines_rock.jpg  
Old 07-27-2023, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Magical, sir. I wish I had room for even the small version
Old 07-28-2023, 04:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Impressive looking castle. Nice photos of the end product.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Still big (despite the smaller scale) but certainly beautiful! Nice one, Gregory.
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2023, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Good one, gregoy.