PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 07-29-2023, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputaci贸n de Albacete

When I first saw this kit and it's title, I thought it was a replica of a zoo or similar because I made this correlation:

"Ferial" = beast = animal

But I was totally wrong.

According from Wikipedia, the Recinto Ferial de Albacete (in english:Albacete Fairgrounds), also known as La Sart茅n or Los Redondeles, is a monumental permanent fairground building built in 1783, unique in the world, declared an Asset of Cultural Interest with the category of monument, located in the Spanish city of Albacete.

Next to the Ejidos de la Feria , the Paseo de la Feria or the bullring , it houses, from September 7 to 17, the famous Albacete Fair, declared of International Tourist Interest . Since its inauguration it has undergone numerous extensions and reforms.

The Albacete Fairgrounds is the greatest exponent of popular La Mancha architecture and the most visible symbol of the city.

It features several places wich simulates a city within Albacete's capital.

Here's a Wikipedia link for more information about it:Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

The kit itself can be deceiving because most of the parts are straight walls or curved walls, and this makes you believe that the kit is simple, but it's not; According to the PDF:

The scale is approx. 1/450;
The base measures approx. 60 by 40 cm, but my finished base measures 35 by 55 cm
The number of parts are 344, including the 4 base parts.

Most of those models from the tourism site of Albacete are in A4, so you can print directly and build without problems;
but this one I chose is on A3 size, so I had to make the following to be able to print on A4 and build it normally:

I extracted the pages from the PDF to PNG images, so they keep their original size without losing quality;
Then, within Photoshop, I rearranged the parts to a new A4 sized document where I did all the pages;
The base parts were too big to fit just one page each, so I had to split the 2 halves in 2, ending with 4 base parts;
And afer having all parts already rearranged in individual pages, I saved each page in new PNG files and them I made a new PDF from them.

Like the previous kits from them that I've built, it doesn't come with any step by step instructions, just some general tips and all the parts are numbered in a way that you have to glue in pairs, eg. :

Join 1 to 1, then 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and so on...

The kit parts hints that the model is surprisingly detailed for a free model.
While most free models are detailed enough, others are too simple for my skills, so I'm really looking foward to build it.

First photo is the base; second is the model parts.

Triangles, here I come!!(there's lots of triangle tabs on the kit.)

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-base.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-parts.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2023, 06:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That is an interesting looking structure.
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-recinto-ferial-albacete.jpg
Old 07-30-2023, 09:35 PM

The first 3 structures assembled were 3 arches/gates, 2 having internal backfacing parts and the middle one being just the usual closed arch.
Next section was simple, since it were only walls and roofs on those curved/straight sections on the base.
It's worth mentioning that the kit uses support pieces between the roofs and walls, wich I think that they make the roof attaching way easier.
Last but not least, I added the pieces wich are both fake columms and roof support between the arches; added some friezes around the edge of the arches; built and attached roofs to the arches; and finally finished by adding a decorative part that goes over the middle arch roof on the front.

Now I can't really say what I'll be doing tomorrow as I have to gather next step's pieces, so I'm discovering wich section I'm building as I go...

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_1-55.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_56-83.jpg  
Old 08-04-2023, 04:55 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates these days. Between Sunday and Monday, I had some intense diarrhea, and starting Tuesday my left ear got inflammated, and I stopped working on the build for 2 days to recover from these things. But I was feeling much better starting from yesterday, so I was able to go back on the building...

Since yesterday, slightly progress has been made...
  1. I built those middle sections on Monday, after I was feeling better from the diarrhea, and it was quite similar to the side sections, just walls and roofs;
  2. Photos 2,3 and 4 is the section wich makes the church;
  3. Photo 5 is a structure that is built in the opposite direction of the church;
  4. Last photo is a roof/wall section wich is attached to the inner wall of the church and the walls around the stairs;

Advice for photos 3 and 4: Those are stairs; their parts aren't very small, but building then while the suporting walls are already glued to the base can be very difficult(it was for me). I suggest that if one attempts to build this model, build wall pieces with numbers 129 and 131 as well all stair parts/walls except parts 153,154,155,156 outside the base first, then attach the completed stairs/walls after finishing them on the base. After this you can continue building the model by following the numbers.

Following the building, next to do is just to build a mirroed copy of the last photo section on the other side.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_84-125.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_126-156_part1.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_126-156_part2.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_126-156_part3.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_157-173.jpg  

Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_174-178.jpg  
Old 08-05-2023, 08:47 PM

Made signficant progress with the model:

In photo 1, I finished the first ring and started the second one. On the oher photo, I built the first half of the second ring( the curved red roof structures spreading from the middle front central structure, and built part of the second half of the second ring, where some parts go around the church on the central middle on the kit. Now I'm still working on this section, with more walls and roofs; there's a a lot more to build yet.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_179-201.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_201-223.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2023, 03:32 PM

Finished another section:

In photo 1, the small wall and roof are steps 244 and 245 and on photo 2, steps 246 and 247 makes a identical structure on the other side.

At first glance, I had only those pieces left to add, but I wasn't able to find any matching numbers on the remaining gluing spots, I was like: where do I attach these? It took me a while to figue out that those pairs of pieces were suppose to be attached between the structures shown on the photos.

The third photo shows the 2nd ring fully complete and now all that's left that to make is the 3rd ring.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_244-245.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_246-247.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_234-244_248-263.jpg  
Old 08-07-2023, 07:57 PM

I told before that I was going to start the 3rd circle, but I was slightly wrong...
First, I added some smaller walls and roofs that connect the 2nd and 3rd ring together (first 4 photos) and then I really started the 3rd ring by adding all the walls/roof supports(5th photo). Lastly, I added all of the roofs on the previous built sections(6th photo). Now I'll be doing the walls/structures on the other side; I'm very close to the end of the kit...

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_264-320_part1.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_264-320_part2.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_264-320_part3.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_264-320_part4.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_264-320_part5.jpg  

Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-steps_264-320_part6.jpg  
Old 08-08-2023, 01:38 PM

Yestarday I finished the main walls/roofs of the 3rd ring, and today I did the last few smaller roofs on the squared rooms and to finish the model I did all the parts from the square on the middle (I guess this central area is sort of a square). Below are the photos of the finished model. While I recommend the model, it can easily become boring and repetitive, because most of the time you're doing walls and roofs, walls and roofs... Thankfully not a lot of pieces needed fixing because of size issues, and overall the fit is great.

My next model will be the Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande, by Secanda, so see you soon on the next build thread.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-finished_model_1.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-finished_model_2.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-finished_model_3.jpg   Recinto Ferial de Albacete - Diputación de Albacete-finished_model_4.jpg  
Old 08-08-2023, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good. You did a great job.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nice, sir. With the low profile, you might consider hanging this one on the wall
Google Adsense