PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 08-12-2023, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Today, so far, I did the nave walls/doors; it went like this:

Part 6m is attached to 6q(photo 2);

Then 6k is glued on the proper spots on 6q, followed by 6a wich is glued over 6k and 6q(photo 4);

Now I glue this whole asssembly on the middle back of part 6g and on the inner sides goes parts 6e and 6f(photo 5);

Photo 6 shows the wall attached to the floor and to the central tower, as well the nave doors wich are made using 2x 6b;

Next on the list is the nave's roof.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-9-.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-9-b.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-9-c.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-9-d.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-9-e.jpg  

Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-9-f.jpg  
Old 08-12-2023, 10:46 PM

This section I finished building a couple of hours ago took care of the roof for the wall I've just finished.

The base of this roof assembled in the same way as the other 2 sided gable roofs, the only difference is that over the top of the base is glued 6x parts 6j (photo 1).

After that I finish the roof by gluing part 6i on the middle top, over the 6j parts.

Photo 2 shows the finished roof and photo 3 shows the roof installed on the model.

Next section will be to build the narthex.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-10-.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-10-b.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-10-c.jpg  
Old 08-13-2023, 02:00 PM

The antipenultimate section was the narthex walls, wich started by joining 7g and 7f into 7a (photos 1 and 2);

Then I continue by attaching 7b, 7c and 7d over the previous assembly(photo 4);

And lastly I make the wall by gluing on the yellow spots; photo 5 shows the finished wall;

Photo 6 shows the narthex roof; this roof was built in the same way as the one mentioned on post #11;
Attached Thumbnails
Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-11-.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-11-b.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-11-c.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-11-d.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-11-e.jpg  

Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-11-f.jpg  
Old 08-13-2023, 02:10 PM

Now for the last phase, wich is the bell wall:

Parts 7i and 7j makes an elevated stone over part 6a(photo 2);

3x parts 7m and 3x parts 7q makes 3 pillars that goes over 7i(photos 3 and 4);

Now the gable, wich consists if parts 7n(gable walls), 7r(opening) and 7q(arches) is shown being built on photo 5;

Photo 6 shows those parts glued and finished. Over part 7n part 7l(stone roof) is glued over it and on the top of the roof part 7k is postioned and glued; these 2 last steps will be shown on the finished model photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-12-.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-12-b.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-12-c.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-12-d.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-12-e.jpg  

Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-12-f.jpg  
Old 08-13-2023, 02:26 PM

Here's the final photos of the models; The kit is very good, but for the first time in a Secanda kit, the instructions had some missing steps, and there was steps from other models inside; but nothing that brought problems in the building.

While I definitely recommend the kit, some may find that the final size is small for their taste.

My next kit will be also from Secanda, this time is the Chapelle de la Tréminou.

See you soon;

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-finished_model_1.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-finished_model_2.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-finished_model_3.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-finished_model_4.jpg   Iglesia Santa Comba de Bande - Secanda-finished_model_5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-13-2023, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That is so very charming.

Funny that you mention the size. I almost built one of the Secanda models, and went through the trouble of doubling the size of the parts and putting them on new pages, but once I got done putting it together, I never built it. Oh, well, at least I get to see yours
Old 08-22-2023, 02:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
A beautiful model, looks great, especially with these interior walls!