PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 10-04-2023, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Iglesia Santa Maria de La Asunción - Diputación de Albacete

Fellow forum member eant pleased us with clean buildings of all of the castles available from the Albacete collection.

Inspired from this, I decided to build all of the 17 churches and 1 cathedral available on the collection; 14 of the churches are in A4 PDFs and the 3 remainig churches and the cathedral are in A3, those ones I plan to rearrange the parts onto blank A4s into Photoshop, export the result in PNG files and generate new PDFs; as I want to keep the original scale.

I'll be starting the works with Santa Maria de La Asunción, from Lezuza.
It's only 5 pages(most of the PDFs are 4 or 5 pages long) and 128 parts, so it shouldn't take long.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
-parts.jpg  

Last edited by gregoy; 10-04-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2023, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 516.88 MB
Thank you very much for taking on this project!
Old 10-05-2023, 04:07 PM

The design of the kit remains the same as previous ones from Albacete; just follow the numbers and you're set...

The starting point is to build the main tower and 4 walls that make the body of the church(photo 1);

Next, I cover the tower and the walls with the roof base parts:

The tower one is folded in half and glued to itself and then glued over the tower, matching the number 12 in both parts(photo 2)(the part will overlap the tower, but this is correct, it should be glued this way);

The body one is made of 2 parts. The part wich has the square end is glued first, upside down, while using the beige border as a guide, since it must overlap the walls(photo 2);

The 2nd part is the one with the obnoxious angles: it is glued in the same way as the previous one, you just need to pay attention that this part has a little extra length; you should glue this extra section over the previous glued part to be able to match the borders(photo 2).

This is followed by the building of some walls/roofs/butresses on the left side(photo 2);

Then, on the right side, some walls/roofs and 2 butresses are added to the bulding(photo 3);

Last but not, the large butresses are added on the back side of the church(photo 4);

Next to do is to continue the building on the right side.

Keep building,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
-main_walls.jpg   -left_walls_butresses_done.jpg   -right_side_first_section.jpg   -front_side_butresses.jpg  
Old 10-13-2023, 06:10 PM

Sorry for the delay on the photos, I finished the model on Saturday 7(I was a little lazy to update the thread but better later than never), but below are the final photos. The roof base part with numbers 29 and 31 is slightly distorted on the original PDF, so I had to edit this particular part in Photoshop to correct it.
And since I was there anyway I also made an ingenious tweak on the weathervane parts(most of these on the Albacete models are small and fragile):
I made an small black border around them using it's own outline so I could cut them easily, and it worked really well, as you can see on the photos. Overall the model is very easy and I highly recommend it as an first option if anyone wants to try an kit from the Albacete collection. I chose to skip to the final result photos because since the model is simple, I advanced throughout it very quickly, so it would be pointless to take photos for very little progress.

I'm in the process of choosing the next church to build, so see you soon for more cutting and gluing,

Keep Building,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
-finished_model_1.jpg   -finished_model_2.jpg