PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 05-23-2024, 07:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 516.88 MB
Aurélien's City Dioramas

The designer Aurélien generously made several city dioramas available on the French-language site Le Forum En Papier (www.maquettes-papier.net)

I found five dioramas there: New York City, London, Dubai, Las Vegas, and a combo of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

These are very entertaining, whimsical dioramas. The goal seems to be to present landmarks in pleasing manner, without worrying too much about scale and location. For example. the SF+LA diorama shows the Golden Gate Bridge going between SF and LA.

A big thanks as well to PaperMau's blog, which pointed me toward these treasures.

Last edited by eant; 05-23-2024 at 07:30 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2024, 07:05 AM

New York City

Here are some pictures of my build of Aurélien's New York City diorama. I sized the model for a 3 x 4.5 inch base.
Attached Thumbnails
Aurélien's City Dioramas-a01.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a02.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a03.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a04.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a05.jpg  

Aurélien's City Dioramas-a06.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a07.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a08.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a09.jpg  
Old 05-24-2024, 12:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
Wooow! I love such themes!
I often dreamt ofcreating a series of exactly this kind of dioramas, presenting the development of my part of the town or city since the first road and house up to now, say, every 50 years.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-24-2024, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eant View Post
The designer Aurélien generously made several city dioramas available on the French-language site Le Forum En Papier (www.maquettes-papier.net)
(...)
I found this forum and tried to register there. They allow the new member to choose "British English" as an optional language and then the language of the headers and prompts changes to English if selected, but the Captcha ("I am not a robot" confirmation) wasn't translated and it is still in French, and it is textual, not graphical (!!!), so I wasn't able to pass the test... :/
Old 05-25-2024, 04:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
Viator, and any one else who would like to download Aurélien's archtectural paper models.
You can spend a few years learning to read French, or go to the link below, and scroll down it looking for his posts.
Architecture - Le forum en papier
It is not a sophisticated search method, but it seems to work, and takes less time than learning how to read and write French in order to get past the Captcha.

(Aurélien created a lot of paper models, and there are many models by other creators that can be accessed from this web page. Bonne chasse!)
Google Adsense
Old 05-25-2024, 02:03 PM

Diorama - Combined San Francisco and Los Angeles

Here are some pictures of my build of Aurélien's SF+LA Diorama. I sized this for a 2 x 4.5 inch base
Attached Thumbnails
Aurélien's City Dioramas-a01.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a02.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a03.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a04.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a05.jpg  

Aurélien's City Dioramas-a06.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a07.jpg  
Old 05-25-2024, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great and surprising city dioramas!

Don
Old 05-27-2024, 12:25 AM

Pretty simple but charming!
And many thanks for your clarifications.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:58 AM

Correction to SF+LA Diorama

To my chagrin, I realized that in the SF+LA diorama I had installed the elevator shafts in the Transamerica Pyramid upside down. I cut them off and re-glued. Here are a couple of pictures of the correction.
Attached Thumbnails
Aurélien's City Dioramas-a04.jpg   Aurélien's City Dioramas-a03.jpg  
Old 05-27-2024, 09:05 AM

La Défense (Paris) Diorama

This is a sixth diorama that Aurélien made available. Most of these buildings are in the La Défense district of Paris. The diorama includes the very interesting "Grand Arch" building. I sized this for a 2 x 2.5 inch base. A picture of my build is below.
Attached Thumbnails
Aurélien's City Dioramas-paris.jpg  
Google Adsense